Questions & Answers for Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starter Pack
24 Questions from the Community
Are the Philips hue bulbs available with a bayonet fitting
- Asked by Kon A from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the Philips hue bulbs available with a bayonet fitting)
No. Not in Australia as far as I know. Adapters are available, however they a difficult to find locally also. You can buy them internationally from that well known internet auction site and that is how I connected some of my bulbs,
- Answered by Steve J from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are the Philips hue bulbs available with a bayonet fitting)
Does this light bulb have an E26 connector?
- Asked by Justin H from Surprise
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this light bulb have an E26 connector?)
What's the voltage rating on the Australian version? The store page says 110v but then they'd need a transformer to work here. Are they 220-240v?Answer
Noticed likewise on the Apple Australia website last week so I decided to visit the physical Apple store. Glad to say they were 240V and the Apple bloke in the store promised he'd get the Voltage shown in the Australian Apple website updated. They're in and running and after changing the dimmer switch they now work brilliantly.
I had the same problem before placing my order, I tried calling the Apple's call center and all of them have no idea about it, until one guy told me he's almost 100% sure that I'll get the right lights!!!!! I took my chance and placed the order and ...... The lights that I received were all 240V suitable for the UK market and I comfortably can tell you Apple web site is WRONG, and they'd simply copied the US site..
If you really need them, go ahead and order them and you'll get the right voltage " At least that what I got :)
- Answered by Wael A from Springfield Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (But isn't this the 110v version? Will it work in the UK?)