Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can it be used on an ipad 2
perhaps an extremely dumb question, but I will fully admit that I am far from tech savy. I'm going abroad and ethernet is all that is available...can I use this for my ipad 2? Also, what do I need to get to get this thing to work?
- Asked by Christina S from Mason
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used on an ipad 2)
Can I sync my Apple iPad to iMac computer using usb cable?????????
- Asked by Jean B from Ormond Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I sync my Apple iPad to iMac computer using usb cable?????????)
Can I use the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter to add a 2nd net port to my Mini? I want a dedicated line to a storage server plus independent intranet.
I have a RAID server that provides network storage. The bulk of my big file transfers are to the Mac Mini I'm using as a server. I'd like to keep those transfers from using bandwidth on the rest of my network, and I can live with my other computers accessing the RAID server via the Mini. I'd like the Mini to be able to talk simultaneously on both networks at close to full speed. I've seen other adapters that do this, but they cost hundreds of dollars. Will the Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter meet my goal?
Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?
Our studio is doing a budget report to see if we can go 100% Mac. Currently we have 2 x 4TB storage servers that we'd like to replace with some of those great Promise storage units like the Pegasus R6 18TB. However those are thunderbolt only units, so we were wondering if the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter could be used to connect it to a network hub?
- Asked by Brandon M from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?)
Can the "lighting to USB cable" together with "USB to ethernet connector" allow ipad mini to browse the internet without using Wi-Fi / 3G/4G?
In Japan, most of the hotels only provide ethernet cable (RJ45) for internet connection and seldom with Wi-Fi. How can I use the iPad mini to browse the internet without buying any extra data nano-sim card?
- Asked by Richard H from Wentworthville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the "lighting to USB cable" together with "USB to ethernet connector" allow ipad mini to browse the internet without using Wi-Fi / 3G/4G?)
Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
Context of question: a hotel room anywhere where wifi is available along with a rj-45 internet source.
Hotel Wifi is unreliable, usually costs extra $$, is slower, and may have to be re-initiated at each connection time, in other words a big hassle; plus, like clockwork, it bogs down at peak use in the time zone you are in.
Users are two Mac Air and iPhone users.
The question is: from the single hotel rj-45 cable how do you hardwire the two Mac and establish a mifi for the two iphones, using existing Apple or Apple-compatible products?
Notes: I see 2 to 1 Cat 6 splitters available; I do not see Thunderbolt splitters; I see Airport Express has two ethernet ports, plus a usb port...
- Asked by Jacques C from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?)
To connect imac to local network is gigabit ethernet better than using a thunderbolt
If I have a NAS would i rather use the gigabit ethernet from my new Imac than the thunderboldt with an ethernet adapter, I assume yes
- Asked by Erich H B
- Flag as inappropriate (To connect imac to local network is gigabit ethernet better than using a thunderbolt)
Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?
I am using parallels to run windows as a virtual machine in a macbook air.
using this adapter will it be possible the virtual machine to see it as an ethernet port ?
- Asked by Achillefs P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?)
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
USB/Ethernet cable does not allow backups. How do I backup with a cable, Not Wifi.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.)
Can I use this cable to hook up a Time Capsule to my iMac?
I have a new iMac with a 2 Tb internal drive. I wish to now buy a Time Capsule, would this be a good way of connection to give me faster bandwidth on my iMac?
- Asked by Gillian K from Maryborough
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to hook up a Time Capsule to my iMac?)
Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?
My specific question is: I have a Motorola RFID reader that I connect to a Windows machine to do race timing. It only connects with an ethernet cable. I've read that the USB to Ethernet ONLY connects to the internet and does not communicate exactly like an ethernet port used to.
Will this thunderbolt to Ethernet device be able to connect to hardware that uses this connection, and will it be able to do so in bootcamp running windows 7?
- Asked by Nicholas J from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?)
is there a HDMI to Thunderbolt converter available ?
I have an iMac 21' which I brought in late 2013. Is there someway I can use it as a extended display for my non mac laptop using a HDMI to Thunderbolt converter ? Is such a thing available to start with?
- Asked by Vineeth J from Kollam
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a HDMI to Thunderbolt converter available ?)
how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?
There are lots of more detailed questions about using this adaptor to connect to other computers and to gaming devices. My question is more basic.
My USB ethernet adaptor works fine on my Macbook Air, but I cannot get the thunderbolt adaptor to work. Thanks.
- Asked by William M from Saint Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?)
Can I use this cable to hook up Time Capsule to my new Macbook Pro with retina display so I can get all files across?
I am waiting for my new Macbook Pro with retina display to arrive. To hook up the time capsule to restore a hard drive on my last Macbook Pro (six years old and still going strong!!) I used an ethernet cable. I am just wondering what to use now?
will it work with macbook air mid 2013?
hi, i have 13 inch macbook air mid 2013 version. when i connect it to my hdtv using this connector, i don't get any sound (only picture). is there any particular software/setup i need to do? thanks.
- Asked by Peter H from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with macbook air mid 2013?)