Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?
I am using parallels to run windows as a virtual machine in a macbook air.
using this adapter will it be possible the virtual machine to see it as an ethernet port ?
- Asked by Achillefs P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?)
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Kevin C from Chatswood
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?
My specific question is: I have a Motorola RFID reader that I connect to a Windows machine to do race timing. It only connects with an ethernet cable. I've read that the USB to Ethernet ONLY connects to the internet and does not communicate exactly like an ethernet port used to.
Will this thunderbolt to Ethernet device be able to connect to hardware that uses this connection, and will it be able to do so in bootcamp running windows 7?
- Asked by Nicholas J from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?)
Will Windows 7 (bootcamp) recognize a thunderbolt ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Jason R from Brookfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Windows 7 (bootcamp) recognize a thunderbolt ethernet adapter?)
Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?
Thank you for all the detailed instructions on how to load myriad software packies to ensure an RJ-45 can talk to a Windows 7 PC.
I am new to Apple so forgive such a simple question.
What benefit would I get from connecting my iPhone or iPad to my Windows PC with a RJ-45 vice a USB? I read all the questions and answers (it was inspiring to see such a consistently polite exchange in a help forum!). But the only thing I've been able to take away from the forum, is that this device will allow a faster exchange between an Apple device and Windows 7 (with the right handshaking software).
- Asked by Robert C from Burke
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?)
will it work with macbook air mid 2013?
hi, i have 13 inch macbook air mid 2013 version. when i connect it to my hdtv using this connector, i don't get any sound (only picture). is there any particular software/setup i need to do? thanks.
- Asked by Peter H from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with macbook air mid 2013?)
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
- Asked by Kenneth R
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac)
Does this adapter work on previous generation thunderbolt macs?
- Asked by Joel A from Virginia
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work on previous generation thunderbolt macs?)
how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?
There are lots of more detailed questions about using this adaptor to connect to other computers and to gaming devices. My question is more basic.
My USB ethernet adaptor works fine on my Macbook Air, but I cannot get the thunderbolt adaptor to work. Thanks.
- Asked by William M from Saint Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?)
Does the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter cable work with MacBook Air 11-inch Late 2010 with mini display port (and not thunderbolt)?
- Asked by Barbara S from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter cable work with MacBook Air 11-inch Late 2010 with mini display port (and not thunderbolt)?)
can it be used on an ipad 2
perhaps an extremely dumb question, but I will fully admit that I am far from tech savy. I'm going abroad and ethernet is all that is available...can I use this for my ipad 2? Also, what do I need to get to get this thing to work?
- Asked by Christina S from Mason
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used on an ipad 2)
Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory
This would allow a simple dock configuration. Use WiFi while in the field but connect to Thunderbolt Display or peripheral and get direct Ethernet wired connection. This would save the second Thunderbolt port for other hardware connections such as Pro Video edit/control equipment. If such a connection would work with the adapter it would be nice to be able to control it with granularity.