Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
I have MAC MINI (Serial #G87221GMWOD), MODELIDENTIFIER "macmini1,1", (1.83 GHz), Intel Core Duo, 2 cores, 2 GB.
I currently have one monitor. a ViewSonic
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
I would like to add another monitor similar to my current ViewSonic, except for a larger display (22").
As I am not technically inclined, not to mention I'm 81 years old, I would appreciate your information as to how to setup/attach the new monitor to my current setup. The end result being that both monitors display the same information.
I appreciate and thank you for any assistance may be able to pass along to me.
Very truly you,
Franklin B. Dreyer
- Asked by Franklin B. D from North Quincy
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
Should this cable be used if you connect a VGA monitor to the Apple Mac mini MB463LL Mini DisplayPort?
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Need a cable to connect new Mac Mini to old Dell flat screen monitor.
- Asked by Cerina E from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Need a cable to connect new Mac Mini to old Dell flat screen monitor.)
Will this let me use an ancient monitor?
Will this adapter allow me to connect my Mac Mini to a very old AppleColor RGB Monitor (A2M6014) with a 15-pin D-style connector?
- Asked by Thomas K from East Rockaway
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let me use an ancient monitor?)
No answers yet
is there a cable adapter kit for mac, have a daughter who is a student teacher, needs to be able to connect to various school projectors, monitors
- Asked by Bruce B from White Salmon
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a cable adapter kit for mac, have a daughter who is a student teacher, needs to be able to connect to various school projectors, monitors)
What cable(s) are needed to connect a mini-Mac to Dell monitor AND twin outputs to LCD projectors for auditorium presentation?
- Asked by Bernard C from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable(s) are needed to connect a mini-Mac to Dell monitor AND twin outputs to LCD projectors for auditorium presentation?)
Mini Display Port to S-Video or Component Video adapter for new MacMini?
My TV has 3 HDMI ports: 2 on the back and one on the front. Cable and Blueray are plugged in the back. I have a new Mac mini hooked up to the front HDMI port but it does not look tidy. Is there a cable that I can connect the new Mac mini to the rear component or S-Video ports on the back of my TV?
- Asked by Declan M from Lakeland
- Flag as inappropriate (Mini Display Port to S-Video or Component Video adapter for new MacMini?)
What would be the noticeable difference between connecting my 24" monitor to my MBP with a Mini DisplayPort->VGA vs. Mini DisplayPort->DVI?
I have always used a DVI cable to connect my computer to my monitor (with a DVI-I connection), but recently updated my MacBook Pro, and have realized that Apple has changed the connection they support. They only make Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D. The Apple genius at the store wasn't able to help me, or explain why they had made the switch. Right now I need to decide which connector to buy, and whether it makes sense to go out of my way to also get new DVI cables for my monitor setup.
- Asked by Matthew S from Decatur
- Flag as inappropriate (What would be the noticeable difference between connecting my 24" monitor to my MBP with a Mini DisplayPort->VGA vs. Mini DisplayPort->DVI?)
Does the 2011 Mac mini work with the mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter?
I have a business client who has VGA monitors that he would like to use, but I don't know which adaptors to purchase.
- Asked by Gary Z from Manakin Sabot
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 2011 Mac mini work with the mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter?)
what adapter should I use to connect a VGA display to a mac mini?
- Asked by David G from Oxford
- Flag as inappropriate (what adapter should I use to connect a VGA display to a mac mini?)
Can I connect my LG monitor, which has a 15Pin D-Sub and DVI-D connection using the mini displayport VGA Adapter that came with my Mac Book Pro?
what output port is used to connect a mac mini to a vga monitor?
- Asked by Barry C from Rhinebeck
- Flag as inappropriate (what output port is used to connect a mac mini to a vga monitor?)
Can this VGA adapter connect my new macbook pro to a projector via thunderbolt?
The new released macbook pro don't have the usual mini displayport but only have thunderbolt. I have purchased one VGA adapter for my old macbook pro 2010, and it worked fine. However, since I changed to the new macbook pro 2012, the VGA adapter stopped functioning if I connected the projector via the thunderbolt. I wonder what kind of adapter I need to connect a projector to my new macbook pro.
- Asked by Lidan W from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this VGA adapter connect my new macbook pro to a projector via thunderbolt?)
what cable do I need to connect my I Mac to a projecter?The mini display port to VGA adaptor that I got, does not work. Inger Lauge, Viborg Denmark
The projecter I bought has a cable that can connect to a PC but not an I Mac or Mac book. I got a mini display port to VGA adapter but it does not work with the IMac, the port is different from the one I have on my Mac book pro, where it works. But I need to connect to the projecter form my I Mac as well
What kind of cable should I get that will fit into the projecter port on my I Mac?
How do I get sound output from the TV (and not the laptop) when I connect my MacBook Air to a TV using Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter?
When I connect my late 2010 13" MacBook Air using the Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter to my Samsung 19" TV or to my View Sonic monitor the display is just fine but the sound keeps coming out of the laptop and not the TV. I have tried the sound settings in System Preferences but the Output menu doesn't show any device attached, just the internal speakers.