Will the magnets make the credit cards in my wallet non-functional, if they get too close?
- Asked by John L from Canby
- Asked about: iPad Smart Cover Leather
3 Answers from the Community
It is alternating fields from electromagnets that erase magnetic data like on a credit card. The permanent magnets in a Smart Cover will not do that in normal use.
- Answered by Winsor C from Long Beach
I wouldn't leave them too close together. You would need a large pocket to hold the iPad! Probably there would be no harm done even so.
- Answered by Neville M from O'halloran Hill
I've had it demagnetize hotel room key cards. Don't get your cards too close. I had mine on the cover.
- Answered by Brian L from Huntington Beach