Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?
I realize that these speakers won't have a thundering low-end and are best-suited for music, but has anyone found them to be suitable for movies as well? My workstation speaker use is probably 80% music and 20% film-watching.
- Asked by Mitch D from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?)
3 Answers from the Community
I guess I am surprised at this response because I used them in the classroom and the sound was very high quality. The sound is clear and crisp and the volume is impressive--yes, even at the low end.
- Answered by Marlene S. J from Grants
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Providing your sitting at your computer to watch your movies the MM-1s are quite capable of delivering a very satisfying bass sound. They have great finesse and I am sure you won't be disappointed.
- Answered by Christian W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Just add a subwoofer to the MM-1s. The MM-1s take audio-input through a USB connection. With a mac you can easily add a subwoofer through the regular 3.5mm jack on the computer. Use the Apple Midi Setup utility to add a new Multi-Output Device which will send the output signal to the sub simultaneously with the MM-1 speakers. Then use the freeware Soundflower app to maintain normal system volume control. Done, you've addressed the great shortcoming to these speakers and retained all their advantages. If the 3.5mm output on your mac also supports digital optical out (most do except the Macbook Air), you can even run an optical cable from the jack to a cheap DAC and then to the subwoofer and you have all speakers using external DAC-processed sound.
- Answered by Eric H from Fort Lee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does this device stores movies as well?
- Asked by Lapolean K from Creedmoor
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this device stores movies as well?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Which Macbook would best suit my needs?
- Asked by Adley M from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook would best suit my needs?)
- Asked about: Mac
Which is more suited for me? A MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?
- Asked by Sharon Z from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is more suited for me? A MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?)
- Asked about: Mac