how to control volume on bose companion 5 with tv remote control
Is there any way I can control the volume on my bose system with my tv remote? cheers.
- Asked by Leanne T
- Flag as inappropriate (how to control volume on bose companion 5 with tv remote control)
2 Answers from the Community
I've got mine hooked up to my TV using a 3.5mm stereo jack audio cable connected to the headphone socket in the TV and the AUX connection in the control pod. Connecting through the headphone jack in the TV means that the TV remote controls the sound.
Hope that was of some use!
- Answered by Michael B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I think M missed an important point with his solution. If you hook up through the aux input instead of the USB, you are not connected to the Bose drivers. I'm assuming that he has a computer involved in his setup, since these are computer speakers.
Here's what I did. It's an expensive solution if you have to go out and buy everything, but perhaps you already own what you need. I got a Mac Mini to run my home theater. Any Mac Mini ever made will probably work. You don't need the latest model. There are a number of programs that will let you access the desktop from an iPad. Again, an older one works fine.
For Youtube, Amazon Prime, Hulu and the like, use the iPad as a remote, adjusting the volume with the control in the menu bar, or open the sound preference panel and use that volume control. When you switch to TV, your TV remote will control the volume.
There's probably an iPhone app that you can use in place of the iPad.
- Answered by Larry B from Watervliet
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you use an iPad2 dock to connect an iPad2 to a Bose SoundDock Series 2 and then use the Bose remote control to control volume & on/off?
- Asked by David F
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use an iPad2 dock to connect an iPad2 to a Bose SoundDock Series 2 and then use the Bose remote control to control volume & on/off?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Dock
Can I use the Apple TV Remote App on my iPhone5 to control two Apple TVs?
- Asked by Lorrie M K from Red Deer
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple TV Remote App on my iPhone5 to control two Apple TVs?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
can I control two apple tvs on the same network using the remote app?
- Asked by Derek E from Torrance
- Flag as inappropriate (can I control two apple tvs on the same network using the remote app?)
- Asked about: Apple TV