can it be used on an ipad 2
perhaps an extremely dumb question, but I will fully admit that I am far from tech savy. I'm going abroad and ethernet is all that is available...can I use this for my ipad 2? Also, what do I need to get to get this thing to work?
- Asked by Christina S from Mason
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used on an ipad 2)
2 Answers from the Community
No. The ipad 2 does not have a thunderbolt connector (also do not confuse this with the lightning connector with newer iPads, which is different again). If you get yourself an Airport Express, that will plug into an ethernet port and provide wifi that the ipad 2 will be able to connect to.
- Answered by Ben W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. This is only for Mac computers equipped with a Thunderbolt port.
The iPad 2 comes with one port, the 30-pin connector on the bottom. There is no way in which the iPad can connect to the internet via a wired connection. The iPad can only connect via WiFi.
I suggest a 'MiFi' ethernet to WiFi adapter device, that can plug into an ethernet connection like the one in your hotel and transmit a WiFi connection from it.
- Answered by Ryan S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can video capture be used on a iPad 2
- Asked by Charlie V from Glenmore Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Can video capture be used on a iPad 2)
- Asked about: Elgato Video Capture
No answers yet