does the smart cover for the ipad 2 fit the ipad 3 or will i have to order a new one when it comes out
6 Answers from the Community
It will fit, same as Ipad 2.
- Answered by Buddy343 B from Revere
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Nope, it fits both ipad two and "the new ipad!"
- Answered by Jacob N from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
From what I've seen, the new iPad (3rd Gen) is only like 0.03 inches larger than the iPad 2 so I would think the difference won't matter, unless the smartcover is very precisely cut to size where that difference would be noticeable. That said, the Apple Store site says the smart cover will fit iPad 2 "or later" so I don't think you'd have to buy a new one for it.
- Answered by Ruben G from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I bought one. It fits, but in my case Ipad new can't be switched off with the help of the cover. The magnet is in some other place there, i think!
- Answered by Пётр У
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, I think that the iPad smart Cover will fit the iPad (2nd Gen.) as well as the iPad (3rd Gen.). I don't think that you will have to buy a new cover just for the iPad (3rd Gen.). I hope this answer helps!
- Answered by Ajay B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
The covers may fit but be careful as Apple changed the polarity of the magnets in the new iPad so many cases will not auto lock the iPad and put it in to sleep mode.
- Answered by Christopher H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
What is the difference between the iPad 2 smart covers and the new models? MC950LL/A vs MD304LL/A
- Asked by Daniel R from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the iPad 2 smart covers and the new models? MC950LL/A vs MD304LL/A)
- Asked about: iPad
Would an iPad mini with a Smart Cover fit in there?
- Asked by Patrice B from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Would an iPad mini with a Smart Cover fit in there?)
- Asked about: Lunatik Flak Jacket Sleeve for iPad…