What is this MagSafe 85W connector compatible with? New 15" MacBook Pro? 2011 13" MacBook Air? Both? Neither?
I currently have a 13" MacBook Air with a MagSafe connector in line with the cord like this one. However it is old and coming apart. I have purchased a new 15" macbook pro. Will this work on this macbook as well if I get the 85W version? Will the 85W Version work on my macbook air? Remember, I need the one with the connector in line with the cord and not the one which comes out at 90° to the macbook. I'm looking for one cable to work with many MacBooks.
1 Answer from the Community
Do not even try this. If you have a new computer get a charger especially for it, it is not a good idea to have multiple/different macbooks using the same charger. Either the new battery will drain from the old charger or the new battery will kill your charger, which will result in you purchasing a new one anyways. The macbook Air is not running as much processes as the macbook/macbook pro, so if you tried charging macbook with macbook Air charger, your Air charger will stop working.
- Answered by Jean D from Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the 85w magsafe 2 charger works better than 45w magsafe 2 for macbook air?
- Asked by Minjun K from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 85w magsafe 2 charger works better than 45w magsafe 2 for macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
can i use a 85w magsafe to charge my black macbook?
- Asked by Reid W from Fort Thomas
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a 85w magsafe to charge my black macbook?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
Can I use 85 w magsafe power extension cord with my newer 60w power adapter?
- Asked by Kerrie S from North Weymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use 85 w magsafe power extension cord with my newer 60w power adapter?)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter