will this install on a clean new hdd
- Asked by Luke P
- Flag as inappropriate (will this install on a clean new hdd)
1 Answer from the Community
All Snow Leopard disks can do a "Clean Install". But with the $29 disk you need to follow some extra steps, since "Erase and Install" is not part of the automatic installation... but the tools to do so are provided on the DVD.
Basically, when you put the Snow Leopard DVD into your Mac, you will be presented with two options: 1) to "Continue" with a standard upgrade, or, 2) go to "Utilities". Select the "Utilities" button (there will be a reboot in order to run from the DVD). In the new screen that appears, under the "Utilities" menu, select Disk Utilities to format your new hard drive. When you have finished formatting, QUIT from Disk Utilities, and the installer will then complete the installation of Snow Leopard. (Note: be prepared to wait several minutes when the system reboots during installation as it copies and sets up all the files. Also, if you have another partition with an older OS on it, at some point during the installation, the installer will ask if you want to import the OS Settings, Files and/or Applications from that partition.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I install lion x in the same pc but with a separate hdd?
- Asked by Jack B from Anjou
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install lion x in the same pc but with a separate hdd?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Can I install OSX Mavericks on a Buffalo Mini Station and use it instead of the internal HDD with a 27' iMac (2010)?
- Asked by Stuart M
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install OSX Mavericks on a Buffalo Mini Station and use it instead of the internal HDD with a 27' iMac (2010)?)
- Asked about: Buffalo 500GB MiniStation Thunderbo…