Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?
I purchased an Ipad 4, and I need to sync it to my Itunes; however, I am currently running on version 10.5.8. I purchased the latest Snow Leopard and am currently waiting for it to arrive in the mail; however, I want to know if my computer would be compatible with Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is early or late 2008 model. Please help me. The following information is about my computer is:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1
Serial Number (system): W88212970P5
- Asked by Constance M from Arlington Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?)
2 Answers from the Community
As far as I can tell, your MacBook can be upgraded to Lion - but not to Mountain Lion (that requires a MacBook 5,1).
This is because it has an Intel GMA integrated graphics processor, which only has 32 bit drivers (and 10.8 is a full 64 bit only operating system).
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your machine is an Early 2008 MacBook, so it can run Lion but not Mountain Lion.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this drive compatible with Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Stuart M from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this drive compatible with Mountain Lion?)
- Asked about: Western Digital 2TB My Passport Stu…