does magic mouse work with the new Ipad?
- Asked by Cameron S from Land O' Lakes
- Flag as inappropriate (does magic mouse work with the new Ipad?)
20 Answers from the Community
Apple better come up with one soon. For business/productivity use (ex. Spreadsheets) and for remote connect to a desktop a mouse would be great. Otherwise the iPad is great. The last missing link in making it a true business capable machine.
- Answered by Steven B from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The iPad does not support any kind of mouse.
- Answered by Rachel B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. The iPad has no GUI mouse functionality but the blue tooth Apple keyboard works nicely with apps which allow text entry.
- Answered by Greg M from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
While anything is possible, I strongly doubt it, as this would require having a mouse pointer on the iPad screen. Apple would have also announced this if it was the case.
- Answered by Salvatore C from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I believe that if there is a sane argument for the bluetooth keyboard as posted above it should account for the mouse as well. The Ipad also comes with a build in keyboard, which should eliminate the need for a keyboard. Get into the zone Apple and fix this ASP. A mouse is far more precise than my big finger.
I love the ipad for work because of the small weight and volume, and the long batterytime and would love to have the extra feature that a mouse would bring to it
- Answered by Christian C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
The iPad doesn't have an on screen pointer to control, so the no mouse works with it. This includes the Magic Mouse. The ideal keyboard is probably the keyboard dock as it positions the screen to it is easy to move between the keyboard and touching the display (though the iPad has to be connected "portrait style").
- Answered by Jeremy C from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I tried it and it never paired up ... very frustrating
- Answered by Kevin C from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
No. As of now, the iPad is not compatible with mice.
- Answered by Claudia T from Skokie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
I'm a little annoyed because the Apple employee who sold me keyboard and mouse asssured me that both worked. Keyboard works great, the mouse is a $70 paperweight.
- Answered by Michael S from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
No , It can use only Bluetooth Keyboard or iPad Keyboard dock.
- Answered by Thas V from La Puente
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
No it does not becuse a ipad is a touchscreen so you dont need one and what is the point of it. I would love to have a mouse to do that but sadly it does not :(
- Answered by Frederick J from Charleston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Nope it's not but I hope someday it will.. And if that happens it will be like a powerful mini computer and I know it will gonna be awesome
- Answered by Geno Paulo B from Caloocan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
The iPad does not use a cursor so the Magic Mouse does isn't compatible.
- Answered by Anand S from Canberra
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
The iOS devices do not have a cursor on-screen, thus a mouse cannot be used. These devices do have an "insertion point", but this is not a cursor.
- Answered by Pierre V from Gansevoort
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
It'll never work because there is no mouse pointer on the iPads screen
- Answered by Aaron B from Port Macquare
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
Well because the iPad is touch screen, so naturally there wouldnt be a curser for the mouse to move around. The iPad can detect the Keyboard because you can type on iPad.
- Answered by Andy K from Rockville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
No, there is no curser to move on an iPad .
- Answered by Joyce D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
No because iPad is a tablet not a laptop or computer
- Answered by Gurminder K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
The answer is, no, no mouse will work with the iPad, that's why it is a touch screen; you don't need a mouse. :)
- Answered by Kyle G from Gilbert
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
Since the wireless Bluetooth Keyboard works, I am hoping the Magic Mouse works as well.
- Answered by Cameron D from Vista
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20
Will the magic trackpad work with the new ipad ("3")?
- Asked by Max P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the magic trackpad work with the new ipad ("3")?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad