Is the mini display port on the MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.53 any different from the old MacBook 2.4
I want to use a digital projector with the new MacBook Pro that I just ordered but want to know if I need a new adapter cord or if I can use my old one
- Asked by Chick H from Calistoga
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the mini display port on the MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.53 any different from the old MacBook 2.4)
3 Answers from the Community
The new MacBook Pro 13 inch uses a "mini DisplayPort" which is different from the white MacBook "mini-DVI Port" and requires a different cable. (I have one of each, and I am about to order a new cable for the MacBook Pro, cos the old mini-DVI to VGA cable does not fit the MacBook Pro. Bummer!)
- Answered by David L from Cooma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The mini display port on all macs is the same. I use the adapter with many LCD projectors to give Keynotes and I use it at home with my 21" Samsung flat screen. It is a great adapter but, make sure you put the computer to sleep before you connect and disconnect the adapter or the computer won't know what screen to use!
- Answered by Michele G from O Fallon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Thx for the answers, I bought a "mini-display port to hdmi" cable and it looks the same but is too small for my MacBook 2.4's port. I will find a "mini-DVI port" alternative.
- Answered by Juliana L from Alameda
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
MacBook Pro retina 13 inch or 15 inch?
- Asked by Raquel J from Salamanca
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro retina 13 inch or 15 inch?)
- Asked about: Mac
would this work on the new macbook pro with retina display ?
- Asked by Michael R from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (would this work on the new macbook pro with retina display ?)
- Asked about: Moshi 15" iVisor Pro Screen Protect…