can I use the imac as a display for a PC
I would like to use an iMac with Parallels to replace my office PC. I currently use two separate computers sharing one monitor (required based on security/proprietary software programs) through a A/B adapter.
While I am confident that I can transfer and run my main CPU programs/data on the iMac through virtualization, I have no idea if it is possible to use the iMac monitor with a similar adapter to work for the second Windows-based PC processor.
I do not want two monitors filling my work space.
- Asked by Alan M. F from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the imac as a display for a PC)
1 Answer from the Community
Only if you have the new 27" iMac
- Answered by Andrew F from Williamsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this be used to use an iMac 27Inch (2011) as a display for a pc with a mini display port output?
- Asked by Dan B
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to use an iMac 27Inch (2011) as a display for a pc with a mini display port output?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Blac…
ATI 5970 on 27" imac as external monitor or apple cinema display 27
- Asked by Lawrence D
- Flag as inappropriate (ATI 5970 on 27" imac as external monitor or apple cinema display 27)
- Asked about: Mac