so to connect my macbook pro to my vizio hdtv, i need to buy 3 cables, a mini display port to dvi, a dvi to hdmi and a cable for sound?? help
2 Answers from the Community
that is correct - hdmi in this case will only carry the video - audio will go through mini jack (headphone jack) - your tv may have a mini jack input especially for audio from a pc - my toshiba does - -hdmi input 1 can use mini jack audio from a pc - hope this helps - -
- Answered by Pete M from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You may try the Moshi Mini display port to HDMI adapter available on Apple store that supports up to 1080p. Some users report that works for sound as well as video. I haven't tried it myself.
- Answered by Jason S from Waverley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I use an HDMI to DVI cable
- Asked by Larry F from Frederick
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an HDMI to DVI cable)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
Does the Mini DisplayPort on the new 13" MacBook Pro (OCT '09) put out an audio signal as well as the video signal, or is it 'video-out' only?
- Asked by J. Todd M from East Haven
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Mini DisplayPort on the new 13" MacBook Pro (OCT '09) put out an audio signal as well as the video signal, or is it 'video-out' only?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…