On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?
The new MacBook Pro does not have a display connector other than possibly the Thunderbolt connector but the DVI adapters for DVI do not mention Thunderbolt only mini-display ports.
- Asked by Ernie G from Largo
- Flag as inappropriate (On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?)
2 Answers from the Community
Thunderbolt and Mini display port are the same connector!
Any of the Mini display port adapters can be plugged into the Thunderbolt port.
Once Thunderbolt drives are available you will have to daisy chain displays and drives off the one Thunderbolt connector.
- Answered by Jason S from Waverley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Buy the mini displayport to DVI adapter and plug it in. I also use a DVI extension cable.
- Answered by Catherine E from Lima
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Dvi adapter to MacBook Air
- Asked by Michael G
- Flag as inappropriate (Dvi adapter to MacBook Air)
- Asked about: Mac
Can I hook an AppleTV to a flat screen monitor with only DVI or RGB ports?
- Asked by P M from Winterset
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook an AppleTV to a flat screen monitor with only DVI or RGB ports?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
MacBookPro3,1 DVI-D to HDMI
- Asked by Deb (bear) D from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBookPro3,1 DVI-D to HDMI)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
No answers yet