Can I plug in two DVI monitors and get full resolution @ 60 Hz (each at different native resolutions/2x EDID) using a DVI-d splitter? (Macbook Pro)
Connecting two monitors with this adapter on Macbook Pro. Preferably DVI over VGA.
1 Answer from the Community
I believe that in order to do this, you would want the Matrox DualHead2Go DisplayPort edition.
They have many variations right now, but there is one with a DisplayPort input, and 2x DVI outputs. This would do what you want.
There is also a 1x DVI to 2x DVI model, which you could use with a mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter. Should be pretty similar. I don't think you would be able to tell a difference on screen from the DisplayPort model (as they are both digital), just different cabling.
- Answered by Ian P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it possible to link 2 extra monitors to my macbook pro? One monitor is VGA and the other is DVI and I would like to connect them both.
- Asked by Andrew C
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to link 2 extra monitors to my macbook pro? One monitor is VGA and the other is DVI and I would like to connect them both.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Would this support HDMI at 120hz?
- Asked by Samuel C
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this support HDMI at 120hz?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…
No answers yet