Do these headphones sound good?
Are they Hi-Fi headphones because i want some good quality over ear headphones
- Asked by Adam H
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these headphones sound good?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes. Out of the box they sound muddy and very bass loaded. Burn them in over a weekend by playing loud music and they transform - the treble opens up, the midrange comes through and they sound very nice indeed. They remain slightly bass-forward, but nothing like the Beats headphones. They also drive nicely from an iPhone or iPod/Pad without separate amplification.
- Answered by N D R N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I bought the P3s and initially disliked them. They sounded muddy and way too bass heavy. I could not understand how it was getting such rave reviews.
My friend has the P5s and he said that placement is important. I moved the headphones back 1-2cm on my ears and now the P3s sound AMAZING. Placement is important. The diaphragms need to be right over your ear canals. Move them 1-2cm back and forth and listen to how much the sound changes.
The P5s sound a touch clearer and cleaner but the P3s really sound 'alive'. I'm planning on keeping the P3s for out-of-the-house use and getting a nice pair of open-air headphones for in-home use.
- Answered by Michael C from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Of course everything is relative. They are the best headphones I've ever used.
The only drawback is that they are warm. Though that's not a problem in January and February if you are outside in the cold.
- Answered by Andrew S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Are these headphones as good as the ones that actually suction into your ear? I recently saw these, and I thought they were interesting looking.
- Asked by Angela D from Earlysville
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these headphones as good as the ones that actually suction into your ear? I recently saw these, and I thought they were interesting looking.)
- Asked about: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Is the quality as good as wired headphones?
- Asked by Maddie W
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the quality as good as wired headphones?)
- Asked about: Beats PowerBeats2 Wireless In-Ear H…