Is the Philips Hue an ENERGY STAR ® qualified LED Bulb?
Decorative (B, CA, BA, F, P, G),
Reflector(R) , Parabolic Aluminized
Reflector (PAR), Multifaceted Reflector
(MR); Replaces a 40, 60 or 100 W
incandescent; A-Lamps – General Purpose
- Asked by Alexander Y from Ajax
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Philips Hue an ENERGY STAR ® qualified LED Bulb?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
1 Answer from the Community
According to Philips, Hue produces 600 Lumen when turned on at full brightness. This is equivalent to a 50 Watt incandescent bulb. Hue draws around 8.5 Watts of power to produce 600 Lumen output. As far as ENERGY STAR Certification goes, it will not qualified because of its price. According to EPA, "If the qualified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time." The bulb itself use less energy than most CFL but it will not qualified for Energy Star because of it cost. And that's the main reason why a lot of LED are not Energy Star Certified.... yet.
- Answered by Albert C from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can Philips Hue be used instead of par 20 bulbs?
- Asked by Fernando P from Guayquil
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Philips Hue be used instead of par 20 bulbs?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Single…
Any chance to get bulk order discount on Philips Hue bulbs? I am looking to purchase 20-24.
- Asked by Loretta S from Prince Edward County
- Flag as inappropriate (Any chance to get bulk order discount on Philips Hue bulbs? I am looking to purchase 20-24.)
- Asked about: Philips Friends of hue LivingColors…