Does my iPhone need to be connected to wifi to control the bulbs?
After initial set up, does my iPhone need to be connected to wifi to control the bulbs or can it work while running on 3g as well?
- Asked by Nicole M from Miami Lakes
- Flag as inappropriate (Does my iPhone need to be connected to wifi to control the bulbs?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
2 Answers from the Community
It WILL work on 3G from the App. When you setup the app there is an option in the Settings menu to "Login to Portal". Once you've done that, after setting up an account on the Hue website, you can control the bulbs either from a website, *or* directly from your iPhone/iPad over 3G/LTE/etc.
The previous answer is incorrect.
- Answered by Jonathan E from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need to be on wifi to use the hue app because the bridge is connected to your home's internet, but you can create an account on their website that would allow you to go online and activate the lights as well. It's more for if you're away and forgot to turn lights off or on. 3g won't work simply because it's not connecting to the home's network, so it won't "see" your lights.
- Answered by Michael L from Norwalk
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this need to connect to Wifi? And if so, is it compatible with Timecapsule??
- Asked by Alireza H from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this need to connect to Wifi? And if so, is it compatible with Timecapsule??)
- Asked about: Parrot Flower Power Plant Health Se…