can you still use the trackpad itself? like once you apple the film is it still a smooth surface where you can still use it as a trackpad?
2 Answers from the Community
That "easily switch" thing is no longer current. The Mobee software only switches to trackpad mode - it won't go back to numpad (although you can use F6 on the keyboard). I use BetterTouchTool to toggle between trackpad and numpad modes - among many other gestures I have assigned to it (and also to my Magic Mouse and the keyboard - it's magnificent).
But the answer is yes, the Apple commands are active even when you have numpad mode turned on. The reason is that you have to tap and immediately release a number on the 10-key for it to interpret it as a numeric entry.
However, you'll probably want to use the mode in which just under half the trackpad is a regular mouse area if you're going to use the trackpad normally. Note that it doesn't matter which of the three overlays you put on the trackpad - the mode is switched in the Mobee software.
- Answered by Nick B from Sherman Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This should help
Did You Notice?
Easily switch between Trackpad and Numpad modes in your choice of three ways: tap or click on the upper right button; use the F6 function key; or use the Software menu.
- Answered by Richard F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used as a trackpad as opposed to moving the mouse itself?
- Asked by Jonathan B from Jamaica
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a trackpad as opposed to moving the mouse itself?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
Can I still use my Macbook Pro trackpad with this keyboard?
- Asked by Richard H from Hastings
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still use my Macbook Pro trackpad with this keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (…
Does the click feature on the trackpad still work?
- Asked by Fraser M
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the click feature on the trackpad still work?)
- Asked about: Twelve South MagicWand