Is this 220V compatible for European use?
- Asked by Michael P
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this 220V compatible for European use?)
3 Answers from the Community
This has a 3 pin UK type plug and socket, lazy use of American pictures by Apple but the product is for the UK market - I have just taken delivery of two this morning.
The electrical rating is 240V (240V-/13A/50Hz/3120W) for UK/European use.
- Answered by Benjamin Q
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It IS 220V, please ignore the other persons answer, he clearly hasn't bought one. If you go into the Apple Store and take a look at the bottom of the box it clearly states 220V. I've got one and I can assure you it's a UK 3 pin 220V device. Apple need to stop ripping the descriptions straight from the US site.
- Answered by Jeff N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, as per the specification on the plug, It will take only 120V as Input and Output too is only 120V
- Answered by Srihari T from Edina
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can the charger be plugged into 220v European outlets?
- Asked by William P from Huntsville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the charger be plugged into 220v European outlets?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger
Are Apple power power adaptors compatible with 220V
- Asked by Barbara P from Paradise Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple power power adaptors compatible with 220V)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…