20 Answers from the Community
Yes, I'd does. You can get the free Skype app on the app store.
- Answered by Aaron S from Highlands Ranch
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There is a skype app for iPod Touch and iphone and it works great, taking full use of the cameras, front and back. The shuffle, nano and classic however have no skype availability.
- Answered by David M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, it works perfectly but you can not use it if you do not have wifi connection
Other than that its perfect,
the only thing is on the iOS skype you cant make a group chat like on the mac or pc versions
- Answered by Lachie H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have an IPod 3 and Skype works well with it. Voice only of course, but the 4 and 5 should work equally well with video included.
- Answered by Elissa D from Bloomburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes! It works! Skype won't be very Handy with a iPhone 1-2-3 Gen, but will work great with a 4-4S and a 5! also works great with an iPod touch 4 & 5. Generations below 4 in iPod don't have cameras or microphones, so You'll have to buy the newer generations!
- Answered by Taevy G from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
If the iTouch can receive wifi signals when it is in your home of at a restaurant or bar that has free internet (ask for the password) ; then Skype can be downloaded and operate within range of that signal. One has to use and purchase the earphones cord with a inline microphone as well. Apple does not have Skype as an app, it is from another source. I have an older unit and use it to call home when I am traveling in various countries.
- Answered by David H S from Belleville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes its fine!
- Answered by Hilman H from Craigieburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Yes Both iPod touch and iPhone work perfect with Skype over wifi or 3g ( iPhone only )
- Answered by Sebastien B from Sainte-julie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
yes it does you just have do download skype from the app store
- Answered by Ligia F from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
The ipod touch 4th generation works perfectly with skype. Just download the free skype app from the app store sign in and you are good to go. I found the audio quality better than my desktop computer.
I am planning a trip to England and one of the reasons that I got the ipod touch was to use skype to make phone calls when I was out of the country.
- Answered by Paul K from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Yeah, I've used Skype many times on my iPod touch 4th generation!
If you have a previous generation iPod touch, I suppose that a pair of earphones with mic will work, too!
The only requirement is an active wifi connection :)
- Answered by Kos M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Yes, it works with skype.
- Answered by Joseph D from New Brunswick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
I have an iPod 4th gen and an iPhone 4. Both work fine with Skype, as does my iPad 2.
- Answered by Christine A from Tarneit
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
Yes, it does. Even my older iPod touch works with Skype - great!
- Answered by Jim D from Appling
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
Yes, it does work with skype.
- Answered by Patti M from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
Yes. But you just need to connect over wifi.
- Answered by Zhong-ming M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
- Answered by Imani H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
- Answered by Rejeanne C from Buena Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
Yes, but due to the lack of 3G/4G connectivity you will need to be connected to WiFi and use your ear buds with built in mic.
- Answered by Paul G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
Yes. You can download in App Store. But you must have WiFi
- Answered by Владислав М
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20
can you get Skype on ipod nano
- Asked by Hassan A
- Flag as inappropriate (can you get Skype on ipod nano)
No answers yet
Can you skype and snapchat with the 16 GB iPod 5? Or do you have to get the 32 GB?
- Asked by Daniel V from Saint Nazianz
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you skype and snapchat with the 16 GB iPod 5? Or do you have to get the 32 GB?)