Does the iphone 5 have manual focus on the camera?
- Asked by Richard D from Newark
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iphone 5 have manual focus on the camera?)
3 Answers from the Community
No, the iPhone 5 does not have true manual focus. it has selective auto focus which differs from manual.
Selective Auto Focus: click a spot on the screen and the phone will adjust to what it thinks you are trying to focus on.
Manual focus: a slider or a way to adjust the focus by increments.
Though the Auto Focus is good it doesn't do what you want 100% of the time. Example would be when I was trying to take a picture of something outside my window; I clicked on a object in the distance, it would adjust to it for a second then start focusing on the bug net I have over my window. To get around this, I backed up from the window, focused on the window itself than held my finger down on the window I was focusing on. The camera then sets itself to AF lock mode on that focus point. I could then take the picture I wanted outside my window without the auto focus adjusting itself.
I hope this helps
- Answered by Jerome R from York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To automatically bring the focus of a photo to a particular area, tap that area of the screen. A square will appear on the screen to indicate what part of the image the camera is focusing on. Autofocus also automatically adjusts exposure and white balance to attempt to deliver the best looking photo.
- Answered by Saxon H from Boise
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
yes, you can press what you want to focus on on the screen and it will focus on that object.
- Answered by Peyton C from Inman
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
where can I find an iphone 4 manual?
- Asked by Sharon C B from Shelton
- Flag as inappropriate (where can I find an iphone 4 manual?)
No answers yet