Which would be better for a student journalist/blogger? iPad mini or the iPad fourth Generation?
I am an international student in Melbourne, originally from Singapore. Thus, I travel every few months. I will need to use a tablet to take notes when writing a story, record voice, video clips, pictures and also blog (mainly on wordpress)/tweet on the go…
Although Singapore has many wifi spots, I am unsure if getting the Cellular connectivity will be a good option for me.
I am really having a hard time picking which one would be better for these uses. I really want something compact enough, so that I do not have to carry around a laptop, notebooks, pens, digital cameras and spare batteries on a trip to a scene/ a place where I want to write.. I wouldn't be doing full-on blogging with the iPad but just note taking.. I do own a macbook pro also, so it would be an addition to my iPhone 4 and macbook pro. Hope to get some advise from you guys!
I'm really finding it hard to make a decision on which would be a better choice.
- Asked by Thachna B from Singapore
- Flag as inappropriate (Which would be better for a student journalist/blogger? iPad mini or the iPad fourth Generation?)
1 Answer from the Community
Honestly, I can't answer what size for you, but I have had two iPads, the second generation and the one with the retina display released earlier this year. As a female that carries the iPad in my purse it does add quite a bit of weight. I purchased a mini for my mother and it feels considerably lighter.(I wanted the mini with the cellular service, but they were sold out.) My first iPad only had wifi and I was fine with it, as I also had a hotspot through ClearWireless (which is unlimited), the only problem is that Clear is new and they don't have as many towers as the other providers so there were times when I could not connect. My second iPad purchase has cellular service, I use it sometimes, but typically only when my hotspot doesn't work in a particular area. My surf time and ability to watch movies is reduced when using the cellular service on the iPad as its not unlimited.
- Answered by Lydia H from South Euclid
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what is the difference between the ipad third generation and the ipad fourth generation
- Asked by Christian G from Midwest City
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between the ipad third generation and the ipad fourth generation)
Which choice is best for a high school student: the Macbook Air and iPad 4th generation or the Macbook Pro and iPad Mini?
- Asked by Bersabel A from Falls Church
- Flag as inappropriate (Which choice is best for a high school student: the Macbook Air and iPad 4th generation or the Macbook Pro and iPad Mini?)