does cellular data on an iPad Mini mean it has a phone?
I'm thinking of getting an iPad mini but need a phone as well so, if it says Wi-Fi & Cellular does that mean it's a phone as well?
- Asked by Lachlan S from Cairns
- Flag as inappropriate (does cellular data on an iPad Mini mean it has a phone?)
2 Answers from the Community
No. It means it has 3G access. You could download an app (such as Talkatone) to use it like a phone, and use iMessage for texting, but it could only act similar to a phone. Personally, the only difference is the larger size and weight, but some may say otherwise.
- Answered by Jonathan E from Bend
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Norhanim M from Kuching
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I switch cellular providers on iPad mini? How?
- Asked by Liz L from Lake View
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I switch cellular providers on iPad mini? How?)