Do I need to purchase anti-virus software for my New I-Pad? Can't seem to find any apps for this.
4 Answers from the Community
No no viruses may enter your ipad as apple apps is the only apps allowed which are all virus free
- Answered by Anne W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
None have been develop for the iPad due to its lockdown nature as designed by Apple that allows you to install apps only from their curated App Store that comes preinstalled on the device. Such design has been largely successful in blocking any type of malware so far as seen by the scarce, if not downright non-existent, samples that affect iOS which runs on Apple mobile devices like the iPad. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you keep your software up to date both the operating system (iOS) as well as your apps that you download from the App Store. Also be wary of 'jailbreaking' your device as this removes certain safeguards of the operating system to allow the user to install apps that have not being check by Apple that could potentially do things that it shouldn't be doing such as accessing your personal info without your permission.
- Answered by Kevin G from Coamo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Cindy A from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
no u do not
- Answered by Michael B from Gordonsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
i purchased a book for my iPad mini, but I can't find it.
- Asked by Marilyn H from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (i purchased a book for my iPad mini, but I can't find it.)