Can I use my IPad as a sat nav
- Asked by Mike H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my IPad as a sat nav)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it is completely legal to use a full size iPad or an iPad Mini as satellite navigation through apps such as the tomtom app which is about £30 but works when the iPad isn't connected to the Internet as it stores all UK and NI maps or the navfree app which is free but needs to be connected to the Internet which if you aren't on a truly unlimited data package like mine could end up costing quite a lot. I use the free software but with a tether to my iPhone, just make sure you set the route up before you drive and get a good quality mount so it doesn't move when you're driving.
- Answered by Chris P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Eileen S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Which connection is suitable for updating my sat nav?
- Asked by Janet O
- Flag as inappropriate (Which connection is suitable for updating my sat nav?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (0.5 m)