what is the best wi-fi router to use with apple tv
- Asked by Michael M from Mount Pleasant
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the best wi-fi router to use with apple tv)
1 Answer from the Community
I would recommend either an Airport Extreme or a Time Capsule (if you'd like to have lots of Time Machine backup storage). The HUGE advantage of Apple wireless routers is that they all feature automatic channel selection; they scan the wireless space and identify the cleanest channel available. Furthermore, if the selected channel should become "dirty," they switch to a cleaner channel without any manual intervention.
If you're on a very restricted budget, note that the Apple TV will work just fine with any dual-band 802.11n wireless router; my network functioned just fine with a Linksys router for a couple of years before I upgraded to a Time Capsule.
However, you should avoid the cheapo single-band 802.11g routers; they barely have enough bandwidth to support streaming video, and don't have channel agility to avoid interference from neighbouring wireless networks.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)