Do I need additional cords for apple tv
- Asked by Rebecca G from Durham Bridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need additional cords for apple tv)
3 Answers from the Community
You will need an HDMI cable. The HDMI cable transfers both, video and audio, so you do not need to bother with the optical cable as mentioned above. As a matter of fact, having only an HDMI cable is not only easier, but provides the best quality sound, too.
- Answered by Tobias V from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In most cases a HDMI cable is all you need. The primary reason you would want or need a optical audio cable is to hook up to an older A/V reciever unit that doesn't support HDMI Audio Decoding. The audio decoding is usually standard on any receiver that is HDMI 1.3a compliant.
- Answered by Megan M from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You will need a HDMI cable to connect it to your TV, as it doesn't come with one. You'll also need an optical cable if you intend to use the digital audio out.
- Answered by Rob L from St Andrews
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Do you need an additional Apple TV for another TV or can it be networked ?
- Asked by Jason K L from Oceanside
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need an additional Apple TV for another TV or can it be networked ?)