can I use an HDMI to DVI cable
I have an older SONY HDTV (1080i) that has a DVI connection in the back, not HDMI. I use the 3 cable set up for DVDs. Can my HDMI to DVI cable be used with the Apple TV?
- Asked by Larry F from Frederick
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an HDMI to DVI cable)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
1 Answer from the Community
HDMI carries sound and video, while DVI only carries video. If you used an HDMI to DVI cable, you would not have sound.
- Answered by Robyn M from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use an hybrid cable, HDMI-VGA to connect to a TV without HDMI?
- Asked by Rafael D from Metairie
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an hybrid cable, HDMI-VGA to connect to a TV without HDMI?)