can i use airplay on my apple tv with my macbook?
i have the newest apple tv and a regular macbook that originally came with snow leopard (but now upgraded to mountain lion). Can i use airplay for these devices? if so please teach me how. its so easy with my iphone .... but from my mac i can not figure it out.
- Asked by Justin P from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airplay on my apple tv with my macbook?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can, for audio or viedo, or screen mirror on the latest OSX
- Answered by Thomas J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Airplay is dependent on newer Mac hardware. Snow Leopard was released in 2009 but Airplay was not available until 2011. My guess is that your MacBook does not transmit Airplay due to is age.
You can use a software alternative called Air Parrot. It is a CPU intensive solution so your quality may suffer if your Mac doesn't have a lot of power.
Bottom line, if you you can see your ATV with your phone but not your Mac, then you don't have new enough Mac hardware.
- Answered by Dan S from Buford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Sherri S from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)