Can Apple TV stream local television programs, eliminating the need for antenna or cable?
Does Apple TV. can be used to stream local television programs? I do not have a subscription to cable, fios tv or direct tv., so I use an indoor antenna. Can Apple TV. replace the use of antenna.
- Asked by Larry L from Buffalo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apple TV stream local television programs, eliminating the need for antenna or cable?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, kinda. There is a new service called Aereo that is being rolled out which will enable you to skip the antenna alltogether. I wanted to input the link, but that is not allowed. Do a search for Aereo & Apple TV. It is available in NYC now, and will be rolled out to DC later this year. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Jennifer S from Manassas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. You will still need your antenna for that. But you might find you don't want to. You can fill up a lot of your time with things like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and Vimeo. And if its news you want, you may discover the program you want is a free podcast in the iTunes Store.
- Answered by David N from Sterling Heights
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Sherri S from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)