G-Tech's G-RAID Studio is a high-performance Thunderbolt 2 storage system with hardware RAID and two removable 7200 rpm hard drives. Configurable in RAID 0, RAID 1 or JBOD, G-RAID Studio offers transfer rates up to 360 MB/s to easily support 2K and compressed 4K video workflows. Which means you save time when working on demanding video- and photo-editing projects.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch. Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- 360 MB/s sustained transfer rates
- Thunderbolt 2 interface technology
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy-chaining
- Enterprise-class hard drives for maximum reliability
- Supports multistream HD, 2K and compressed 4K workflows
- Hardware RAID, RAID 0 (Performance), User selectable RAID 1 (Protected) and JBOD
- Removable high-performance 7200 rpm drives
Did you notice?Transfer rates up to 360 Mb/s easily support 2K and compressed 4K workflows.
Apple Recommends ForHandling the most demanding video- and photo-editing projects alongside your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- G-Tech G-RAID Studio Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive System
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power cable
- AC power adaptor
- Quick-start guide
- Other Features: RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 21.31 cm/8.39 in.
- Width: 10.9 cm/4.29 in.
- Weight: 2.73 kg
- Length: 18.11 cm/7.13 in.
- Mac OS X v10.9 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03366
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487195163
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
how loud is this? Is there a fan?
- Asked by James W from New York
It is fan cooled but very quiet.
- Answered by Adam M from Gulf Stream
Does 6TB G-Raid take up both ports or just one?
- Asked by Michael R from Rancho Palos Verdes
It has two 3TB HGST HUS724030ALE640 drives built in, so the answer is no. 6TB is for the RAID 0 conf It has two 3TB HGST HUS724030ALE640 drives built in, so the answer is no. 6TB is for the RAID 0 configuration. …
- Answered by Patrick L
Can I use this g-tech g-raid external drive with my Mac pro bought in 2011? With Mavericks OS?
- Asked by Holly I. C from Rutherford