The LaCie 2big Thunderbolt 2 Series RAID Hard Drive has an all-new industrial design that sets a new standard for versatility and reliability. Featuring unbeatable Thunderbolt 2 technology and hardware RAID, the 2big delivers sensational performance at super-fast speeds.
LaCie harnessed the power of Thunderbolt 2 technology for the 2big, squeezing the absolute best speeds out of the hard disks. Add a hardware RAID controller and 7200 RPM disks and the result is incredible, sustained speeds of up to 420 MB/s that turbocharge file transfers and back-ups.
Versatility for pro environments
With USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt 2 interfaces, the LaCie 2big gets the best possible speeds on any late-model PC or Mac. Plus, USB 3.0 backwards compatibility means that you can connect the LaCie 2big to any standard computer. With support for exFAT and built-in hardware RAID, you can seamlessly connect to both PC and Mac computers without losing your RAID configuration.
RAID for speed or security
In addition to compatibility with any computer, hardware RAID delivers sustained performance and better reliability. The LaCie 2big's range of RAID modes also gives you the flexibility to tailor the product to meet your needs. It's incredibly easy to change the RAID mode, but impossible to do so accidentally.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Speeds of up to 420 MB/s
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for 4K workflows
- Innovative design with RAID for reliability
- USB 3.0 for PC and Mac compatibility
- Front-accessible disks and disk status LEDs
- Power-saving mode without interrupting daisy-chain transfers
- Redesigned heat-dissipation system
- Effective, whisper-quiet Noctua fan
Did you notice?Thunderbolt 2 supports daisy chaining of up to six devices to a computer via a single cable.
Apple Recommends ForSecurely backing up important documents and information, editing multiple 2K uncompressed 10-bit streams or browsing a massive RAW photo library with zero lag.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie 2big
- External power supply
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Thunderbolt cable
- Removable access panel
- RAID selection tool
- CD with user manual, software and quick-install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Kensington Port, RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 13 cm/5.1 in.
- Width: 10.9 cm/4.3 in.
- Weight: 3 kg
- Length: 21.7 cm/8.5 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053009427
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Great product but keeps dropping out
Bought this to service 2 iMacs as has 2 Thunderbolt connections.
It can serve both iMacs but only one at a time. The LaCie wil Bought this to service 2 iMacs as has 2 Thunderbolt connections.
It can serve both iMacs but only one at a time. The LaCie will pick up the first computer turned on. To support the 2nd computer you have to disconnect the cable on the first mac.
Also .... the LaCie drops out at lease once a day. Not a major issue as you simply pull the Thunderbolt lead out of the iMac and reinsert but over time this may well create a loose connection. (Hence loss of one star)
We save our iPhoto and Photoshop/Lightroom images on the LaCie, so when it drops out you loose access to everything. It also fails to TimeCapsule when it drops out (obvious i know).
On the positive side it is very fast and I have managed to use the LaCie as a scratch drive for Photoshop, thereby hopefully increasing processing time of large files in Photoshop.
As a non technical person I know my LaCie 6TB storage which means it has 2 drives giving 2x 3 TB. I have set the LaCie up so that it stores the information on both drives so if one fails the information is still stored on the other. This limits the total amount of storage to 3Gb but at least I know it is safe. …
- Written by Leslie C from Lichfield
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
are there 2 hard drives i.e.) 2 x 3TB for the 6TB model installed so I can use as a mirror in RAID mode
- Asked by Ant J
Yes there are two x 3TB drives - You can configure as RAID 0 for speed or RAID 1 for redundancy. As Yes there are two x 3TB drives - You can configure as RAID 0 for speed or RAID 1 for redundancy. As RAID 1 you can hot swap. …
- Answered by Fugro G from Houston