G-Technology G-Drive External Hard Drive is a high-performance storage solution featuring ultra-fast Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces. Housed in a sleek aluminium enclosure, G-DRIVE is perfect for storage-intensive applications like audio and video editing or digital photography. Designed for ease of use, G-DRIVE is ready to run on your Mac and can be easily reformatted for Windows.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports for ultimate high-speed data transfer
- Integrated heat-sink for quiet operation and cooling
- Solid aluminium case makes for a durable and stylish enclosure
- Storage capacity can handle digital video, music and photo files
- Formatted for Mac and easily reformatted for Windows
Did you notice?The hard drive features an integrated heat sink for quiet operation and cooling.
Apple Recommends ForBacking up data from storage-intensive applications at home or in the office.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-Drive 3TB Thunderbolt External Hard Drive
- Universal AC Power Supply
- Thunderbolt cable
- USB cable (3.0/2.0)
- Quick-start guide
- Connections: Thunderbolt, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Height: 4.8 cm/1.89 in.
- Width: 23.5 cm/9.25 in.
- Weight: 1.33 kg
- Length: 13 cm/5.12 in.
- OS 10.7 or later
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (via reformat)
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487193909
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Way too loud
As it says in the title, way too loud. Great device but unless you don't mind a loud noise, which will drown out your computer, st As it says in the title, way too loud. Great device but unless you don't mind a loud noise, which will drown out your computer, stay way clear. Taking back for a refund. …
- Written by Robert M from London
26 of 27 people found this useful
Just bought one of these and it is driving me mad ! It is a great hard drive in terms of speed etc., but oh the noise. All the tim Just bought one of these and it is driving me mad ! It is a great hard drive in terms of speed etc., but oh the noise. All the time it is in use it makes a loud whooshing sound and never shuts up. In terms of thunderbolt my LaCie usb 3 hard drives are faster. Would get 5 stars if it was not for the noise. …
- Written by Brian M from Ventnor
63 of 65 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is this compatible with time machine?
- Asked by Robert P from Middlesbrough
No answers yet
Do I understand right that the power supply is another gadget on my desk or is it just a mains to unit cable?
- Asked by Siegfried F from Point Cook
It comes with a power supply transformer; you will have another gadget on your desk.
- Answered by Jean-claude R from Ascot Vale
What is the speed of the drive in this product: G-Technology G-Drive 3TB Thunderbolt External Hard Drive?
- Asked by Mark R L
depending upon your system. the drive itself should deliver 160MB/s, maybe a little higher.
- Answered by Mark B from Southampton
Am I right in thinking that this drive only has one Thunderbolt, and so cannot be daisy-chained?
- Asked by Andrew W
Correct, this only has one thunderbolt port, so you can not daisy-chain from the product. You can ha Correct, this only has one thunderbolt port, so you can not daisy-chain from the product. You can have it at the end of the chain (e.g. Mac - Thunderbolt Display - G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt). If you want daisy chain capability, you might want to consider the G-DRIVE PRO with Thunderbolt. …
- Answered by Elliot B