G-Technology's G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 hard drive is easy to set up and carry anywhere for storing your most important documents, MP3s, digital video, and photo files. Inside its sleekly thin special-edition aluminum case is a high-performance 5400 RPM hard drive with impressive USB 3.0 connectivity. It's also bus powered, so there’s no need to carry an external AC power supply.
- High-speed USB 3.0 connectivity
- Thin, beveled aluminum case makes for easy portability
- 1TB storage handles videos, photos, documents, and music
- Bus-powered design eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Plug-and-play Mac OS setup and easily reformatted for Windows
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?Delivers speedy performance along with USB 3.0 connectivity.
Apple Recommends ForHandy, bus-powered storage for taking along your essential files wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE mobile USB hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 5.08 in./12.9 cm
- Weight: 6.24 oz./176.91 g
- Length: 3.23 in./8.2 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Windows 8/7/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03234
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194449
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Such a great hard drive!
I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design compliments Apple's beautiful computers very well.
I'm a Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and I've never seen a G-Tech hard drive fail.
Buy this hard drive and backup your data. …
- Written by Phil O from Albuquerque
314 of 319 people found this useful
Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very sma Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very small and sleek n sexy …
- Written by Michael G from Edmonton
185 of 197 people found this useful
It looks nice next to my Mac and it downloads really fast. I'm happy with it.
- Written by Santiago R from Arleta
117 of 122 people found this useful
Wow, great product and deal
I have a 500GB hard drive that I pretty much filled up with pictures and videos. I didn't want to invest in a new iMac yet, but I I have a 500GB hard drive that I pretty much filled up with pictures and videos. I didn't want to invest in a new iMac yet, but I needed space. For a long time I hesitated to buy an external because they are expensive. I can't believe the price and capacity of this one. I put all my iPhoto library on it and now I freed up my mac and it runs better. So happy this product is available. I look forward to getting another one soon to do the same thing with my Macbook. …
- Written by Christian O from Richmond
Amazing deal on this 1TB Drive. I have always gone with Seagate or GTech, but the price point is what attracted me to this drive. Amazing deal on this 1TB Drive. I have always gone with Seagate or GTech, but the price point is what attracted me to this drive. Its super reliable and easy to transport. …
- Written by Alex D from Powder Springs
Great for the price...
I love the fact that this drive is all metal casing. BUT, as stated in another review, the USB 3.0 that connects to the hard drive I love the fact that this drive is all metal casing. BUT, as stated in another review, the USB 3.0 that connects to the hard drive is NOT very secure. Please beware of this, but don't be discouraged by this flaw. Other than that, it seems to be a great drive. I used Blackmagic Disk Speed Test to see the READ and WRITE SPEEDS of this drive since it was no where to be found by the manufacture or Apple. The speed results that I got were: WRITE - 89.5mb/s and READ - 92.6mb/s. Hope this helps. …
- Written by TOREY J B from Gainesville
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this just a storage device or can I back up my macbook pro onto it?
- Asked by Joseph B from Waterbury
Yes, just about any external hard drive can be used to back up a computer. Mac computers have a feat Yes, just about any external hard drive can be used to back up a computer. Mac computers have a feature called Time Machine which allows you to easily back up your computer. As long as the external hard drive has more storage than your computer (which it almost certainly will) you will be able to back up your macbook pro with this device.
If you would like to use the external hard drive for both storage and backup, that's pretty easy to do as well. However, it would require a few initial steps before setting it up for backup. A quick google search could explain how to do that (it's not difficult to do). …
- Answered by Adam D from Greensboro
Bus powered from USB 2 ?
- Asked by Frank P from Montreal
Yes. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 and 2.0 does provide the required power
- Answered by Kunal S from Duluth
Does this hard drive have a lifetime warranty?
- Asked by Baylee J from Calimesa
Does it have a wireless function??? How do you access it from a ipad of iPhone???
- Asked by Pearl W from Folsom
It does not have a wireless function. You can move your photos or other data you do not necessarily It does not have a wireless function. You can move your photos or other data you do not necessarily need on your smaller devices on a laptop or computer and then transfer them to your hard drive. …
- Answered by Nima T from Melbourne
What is the best external hard drive to use with iMac?
- Asked by Helen J from Johnson City