G-Technology's G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 hard drive is easy to set up and carry anywhere for storing your most important documents, MP3s, digital video, and photo files. Inside its sleekly thin special-edition aluminum case is a high-performance 5400 RPM hard drive with impressive USB 3.0 connectivity. It's also bus powered, so there’s no need to carry an external AC power supply.
- High-speed USB 3.0 connectivity
- Thin, beveled aluminum case makes for easy portability
- 1TB storage handles videos, photos, documents, and music
- Bus-powered design eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Plug-and-play Mac OS setup and easily reformatted for Windows
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?Delivers speedy performance along with USB 3.0 connectivity.
Apple Recommends ForHandy, bus-powered storage for taking along your essential files wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE mobile USB hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 5.08 in./12.9 cm
- Weight: 6.24 oz./176.91 g
- Length: 3.23 in./8.2 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Windows 8/7/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03234
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194449
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Such a great hard drive!
I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design compliments Apple's beautiful computers very well.
I'm a Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and I've never seen a G-Tech hard drive fail.
Buy this hard drive and backup your data. …
- Written by Phil O from Albuquerque
442 of 449 people found this useful
Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very sma Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very small and sleek n sexy …
- Written by Michael G from Edmonton
255 of 271 people found this useful
It looks nice next to my Mac and it downloads really fast. I'm happy with it.
- Written by Santiago R from Arleta
179 of 190 people found this useful
This hard drive is garbage
DO NOT BUY THIS. THIS IS THE MOST CHEAPLY MADE PIECE OF TRASH I HAVE EVER USED. THE USB PORT BROKE OFF INSIDE THE HARD DRIVE ITSEL DO NOT BUY THIS. THIS IS THE MOST CHEAPLY MADE PIECE OF TRASH I HAVE EVER USED. THE USB PORT BROKE OFF INSIDE THE HARD DRIVE ITSELF AND IT WOULD COST JUST AS MUCH TO FIX IT AS I PAID FOR THE ACTUAL DRIVE ITSELF. I HAD ALOT OF PROJECTS ON THIS DRIVE AND NOW THEY'RE ALL GONE. INVEST IN SOMETHING BETTER! …
- Written by Christian H from Oklahoma City
Does its job but.......
Bought 2 for ranch iMacs. Plugged in and it seems to do the job right away so 5 stars there. It was the complete opposite of Weste Bought 2 for ranch iMacs. Plugged in and it seems to do the job right away so 5 stars there. It was the complete opposite of Western Digital where you have an onslaught of vague instructions and then have a blast with all the glitches. And I mean ALL the glitches ALL the time. Even following their instructions doesn't change what is suppose to change. Anyway, the problem here is the LACK of instructions. Had to call customer service and I knew more about their website and available downloads/info for device than he did (nice fellow though). But there was a whole lot more to this conversation with him than what I am going to write. It was ludicrous. And that was just trying to find out how to password protect this in case of theft. It went downhill from there on any topic you can think of - I mean you had to be there to hear it! Horrible software interface and customer support (but again nice guy probably new). All that gets a negative one star. So I figured 3 stars was fair overall. Maybe I can stumble on the answers later myself. …
- Written by Pem M from Cayucos
1 of 2 people found this useful
Great Value!!!! Awesome for Time Capsule Backup
I just recently replaced my old MacBook with a MacBook Pro Retina and needed to save all my files after doing tons of research I f I just recently replaced my old MacBook with a MacBook Pro Retina and needed to save all my files after doing tons of research I found this one at a great value, well known brand, very slim and sturdy... It's a great purchase and I will probably but another as a Christmas present!!! …
- Written by Brittney W from Antioch
6 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I back up 2 MacBooks on the G-Tech 1 TB G-Drive mobile USB 3.0 Hard Drive?
- Asked by Charity B from Tigard
If you partition it, yes. But it also depends on how much space those MacBooks can hold. 1TB is 10 If you partition it, yes. But it also depends on how much space those MacBooks can hold. 1TB is 1024GB, so if those two MacBooks are under that, then I would go for it. Look up how to partition a drive, though. …
- Answered by Elizabeth B from Ridgewood
Will this hard drive work with a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter?
- Asked by Nancy M from Normal
This drive is over USB only, so no thunderbolt or firewire compatibility.
- Answered by Elizabeth B from Ridgewood
How can i move photos from the iPad to this hard drive?
- Asked by Carol O from Palm Coast
Not directly as the iPad does not have a USB port. However, you can transfer your photos from your i Not directly as the iPad does not have a USB port. However, you can transfer your photos from your iPad to a PC or Apple Computer (Laptop, iMac, etc) and then transfer the photos from there to the hard drive. …
- Answered by Nima T from Melbourne
can i boot up from this HD if my internal HD fails?
- Asked by H. W from Livermore
yes..... but as its storage is 1 TB u can just make partition and boot your computer
- Answered by Prazin S