These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2559
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007094
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Smart, No -- Speck, yes
Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case the Apple store had it when I bought my newest MacBook Air. Cracked in many places within three months--despite the care I gave it. Saw a lady in a hotel's breakfast area with the same computer, same case. Hers cracked also despite her protection of the computer.
Bottom line: this is but a speck of protection for any MacBook Air! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
107 of 119 people found this useful
A decent case, but not worth the money
The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pai The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pain when using it. If my computer is open at more than 90 degrees _| (like that) the lid falls back _/ (like that). I got clear, and it is nice, and it does add a bit of extra weight to the product, but the design is okay, it just bothers me that it always falls all the way back whenever I'm using it …
- Written by Mark R
71 of 81 people found this useful
Better than Others
I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to be forced past 90 degrees, plus every time I opened my Air the top cover would pop off. I returned it and ordered this one. The initial installation can be tricky, but once installed it is a great product and well worth the price considering the alternative cost the same.
I give it 4 stars for the tough installation, but highly recommend it. …
- Written by John L from Brampton
48 of 56 people found this useful
Cracked and broken within a couple of months
I got this with my new macbook air and expected it to last at least for the length of the advertised "1 year warranty" however, th I got this with my new macbook air and expected it to last at least for the length of the advertised "1 year warranty" however, the bottom was cracked and broken within a couple of months despite the care with which I handled my laptop at all times. Huge waste of 50$. This product is terribly overpriced for the horrendous quality. …
- Written by Natalie K from calgary
1 of 1 people found this useful
Nice case; would recommend
I really like this case. It's sleek and protective and doesn't take away from the beauty or slim lines of the Macbook Pro. It seem I really like this case. It's sleek and protective and doesn't take away from the beauty or slim lines of the Macbook Pro. It seems to have a really tight snap on fit that was even slightly difficult to remove, which I like. The original case I ordered was scratched out of the box (and not on the side with the protective peel away), but Apple had a new one at my house the next day when I called to exchange it. It's brand new, but right now I would highly recommend it even with its expensive $50 price tag. I'll re-review if I have any of the problems that others have had, but so far I love it. …
- Written by Allen B A from Nashville
1 of 1 people found this useful
Do not buy this product!!!
I bought the product for their phone case reputation. Boy was I wrong! I've had the case for no longer than 4 days and there is al I bought the product for their phone case reputation. Boy was I wrong! I've had the case for no longer than 4 days and there is already a crack in the left back hook. From the first time i put it on my mac it didn't fit properly! Massively disappointed speck! …
- Written by Jennifer S from Clovis
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
is this case also suitable for a macbook air 11" from mid 2012?
- Asked by Noa B
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener