These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2559
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007094
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Smart, No -- Speck, yes
Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case the Apple store had it when I bought my newest MacBook Air. Cracked in many places within three months--despite the care I gave it. Saw a lady in a hotel's breakfast area with the same computer, same case. Hers cracked also despite her protection of the computer.
Bottom line: this is but a speck of protection for any MacBook Air! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
230 of 253 people found this useful
A decent case, but not worth the money
The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pai The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pain when using it. If my computer is open at more than 90 degrees _| (like that) the lid falls back _/ (like that). I got clear, and it is nice, and it does add a bit of extra weight to the product, but the design is okay, it just bothers me that it always falls all the way back whenever I'm using it …
- Written by Mark R
152 of 168 people found this useful
Better than Others
I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to be forced past 90 degrees, plus every time I opened my Air the top cover would pop off. I returned it and ordered this one. The initial installation can be tricky, but once installed it is a great product and well worth the price considering the alternative cost the same.
I give it 4 stars for the tough installation, but highly recommend it. …
- Written by John L from Brampton
102 of 125 people found this useful
After a week of carrying my mac with the Speck case in my backpack (normal wear and tear?), this case had fallen to pieces! The Ma After a week of carrying my mac with the Speck case in my backpack (normal wear and tear?), this case had fallen to pieces! The Mac is completely scratched up, worse than it would have been without the case on it...
After paying $50 for this case, I was shocked and disappointed that it was NOT protective and that it shattered for no reason within days! …
- Written by Kathleen B from Whitestone
0 of 1 people found this useful
I loved it when I first got it but it cracks all the time. Just from setting it on my couch there are cracks everywhere. For the p I loved it when I first got it but it cracks all the time. Just from setting it on my couch there are cracks everywhere. For the price this case doesn't hold up at all. …
- Written by Hayley M from Red Deer
0 of 1 people found this useful
Terrible Waste of Money
My Speck case started to crack in the first month. By the third month, it was garbage. I recently bought another, much cheaper cas My Speck case started to crack in the first month. By the third month, it was garbage. I recently bought another, much cheaper case from another company and it's 10 times better for half the price! Don't waste your money on this one! …
- Written by Rachel G from Kilbride
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
Does this case pass the MIL STD 810G test? The description did not say.
- Asked by Adrienne M from Palm Bay
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D