G-Tech's G-DRIVE Slim USB 3.0 hard drive is your perfect traveling companion—sleek enough to fit in a pocket yet offering plenty of storage for essential documents, MP3s, and digital photo files. It's formatted for your Mac and Time Machine ready, so you can start using it immediately.
- Ultra-slim hard drive
- USB 3.0 for faster performance (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Formatted for Mac and Time Machine ready
- Lightweight compact aluminium enclosure
- Bus powered via USB port
- Plug and play with Mac OS
Did you notice?USB 3.0 interface provides remarkably fast data transfers.
Apple Recommends ForExtra storage to take along with your MacBook wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Tech G-DRIVE Slim hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (Compatible with 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.39 in./0.99 cm
- Width: 3.23 in./8.2 cm
- Weight: 5.29 oz./150 g
- Length: 5.06 in./12.86 cm
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02869
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487193107
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Where did my data go? Not worth it. This should not be sold in stores!
I echo the same as the first reviewer. I bought this in November 2013 and it's only February 4th and guess what? My G portable dri I echo the same as the first reviewer. I bought this in November 2013 and it's only February 4th and guess what? My G portable drive is not being recognized by my MacAir 2013.
I used this to back up my old data when I had to fix my Mac Air after having some troubles with this machine as well.
I've been a big fan of Mac but after my Mac Air (after having my very old Macbook Pro) troubles and now this one, I'm not sure if the quality is still the same. I hope I can return this. My data, however, cannot be found. Very frustrating.
Please Apple, do not sell this if the quality is really bad. It doesn't reflect well on the company. …
- Written by Christine A from Montreal
20 of 28 people found this useful
Oh No, Where'd my data Go???
A VERITABLE NIGHTMARE. SLOW, CLUNKY INTERNAL DEVICE IN SLEEK UNIBODY CASE THAT FEELSLIKE A MACBOOKPRO'S MINI-ME- DON'T BE FOOLED. A VERITABLE NIGHTMARE. SLOW, CLUNKY INTERNAL DEVICE IN SLEEK UNIBODY CASE THAT FEELSLIKE A MACBOOKPRO'S MINI-ME- DON'T BE FOOLED. FIRST YEAR SEEMED SLOW BUT SECURE. THEN CRASH, BANG- BOOM. LOST APPROX 300G OF BACKUPS IN ONE FELL SWOOP. USED TIME MACHINE, KEPT WIRING/DATA UPDATES/CONNECTORS TO A FAULT, STAYED ORGANIZED, BUT WORST OF ALL IS G-TECH WON'T ADMIT ANY FAULT, NOR WILL APPLE AND NEITHER CARE ENOUGH TO SOLVE. SO, ME, THE CONSUMER BECAME CONSUMED ALONG WITH YEARS OF DATA, PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL. 3 MONTHS OF TRIES, BLOGGING, SUPPORT CALLS AND HOURS IN DISK UTILITY PRAYING IT WOULD BE OK. NOPE.HAD TO WIPE IT AND NOW TO INITIALIZE AND START FRESH IS A LONGER PROCESS THAN EVER SHOULD BE. UPDATES TO THIS DRIVE VIA G-TECH OR APPLE DON'T JIVE OR SUPPORT ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. IF YOU LIKE A SHINY GRAY COASTER FOR A COCKTAIL, BUY THIS DRIVE. …
- Written by j D from SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO
29 of 46 people found this useful
Super thin, nice looking and easy to use. Just plugged it in and started to use it. That easy. Would recommend to anyone that asks
- Written by B W from Chino hills
7 of 10 people found this useful
Dear God I'm on my THIRD attempt at backing up my MacBook Pro. The connection to the hard drive itself is so poor that every time Dear God I'm on my THIRD attempt at backing up my MacBook Pro. The connection to the hard drive itself is so poor that every time there is a breath of wind the computer says the device has been "improperly ejected." Then I have to start over FROM THE BEGINNING and wait interminably all over again. This is technology hecko. …
- Written by Helen S from NEWPORT
1 of 1 people found this useful
Get Something Else
Bought this in Feb 2014 for my TimeMachine backups. Made it all of eight months before failing.
First and last G-Tech I'll ever Bought this in Feb 2014 for my TimeMachine backups. Made it all of eight months before failing.
First and last G-Tech I'll ever buy. …
- Written by Paul G from Minneapolis
1 of 2 people found this useful
Only used the thing monthly for about a year or less, today not able to back up and says nothing on the drive! It's really a sin t Only used the thing monthly for about a year or less, today not able to back up and says nothing on the drive! It's really a sin to spend $80+ and have nothing to back up with. Go buy another G Tech? Think not, but what is reliable? …
- Written by Mary P from Carlsbad
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can G-Tech 500GB G-Drive Slim USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (7200 RPM) be used with late 2013 iMac?
- Asked by Barbara S from Maryville
Will this product be suitable for a late 2013 iMac ?
- Asked by Barbara S from Maryville
Will this be suitable for a mid 2010 macbook pro ?
- Asked by Eluned A from Uk