More compact and powerful
The HERO3+ Silver Edition is wearable, gear-mountable and waterproof for up to 40 metres, making it the perfect camera to capture your outdoor activities. With strong battery life and enhanced low-light performance, the camera also features built-in Wi-Fi for enhanced connectivity to the Wi-Fi remote (sold separately) and the Go-Pro app.
Professional video quality
The HERO3+ Silver Edition captures professional-quality video at up to 1080p60 and 10 MP photos at up to 10 frames per second. The camera also allows for smooth slow-motion playback.
The HERO3+ Silver Edition captures 10MP still photos and has a burst capture rate of 10 frames per second. Time-lapse photo capture mode enables automatic photo capture at 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60-second intervals.
Record the subtle, natural sounds of voice and music as well as the raucous, intense sounds of your favorite sport. Wind-noise reduction makes sure that you hear more detail during high-speed activities.
Sharp Images with less distortion
The reduced-distortion aspherical lens combines with user-selectable 1080p Ultra-wide, Medium, and Narrow field-of-views to deliver professional grade perspective-capture options. The flat-lens waterproof housing delivers stunning image sharpness both above and below water.
Faster integral Wi-Fi delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App and the Wi-Fi Remote (sold separately. The Wi-Fi Remote is a waterproof, wearable remote control that can control up to 50 Wi-Fi-enabled GoPros at a time from a range of 600 feet. The GoPro App gives you full camera control, live scene preview, and sharing on any compatible iPhone or iPad. It also provides convenient wireless camera software updates.
- Enhanced low-light performance
- Sharp image capabilities and reduced distortion
- Built-in Wi-Fi for enhanced connectivity
- Wireless camera software updates via the GoPro app
- Captures video at up to 1080p60 and 10 MP photos at up to 10 frames per second
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts and accessories
- Wind-noise reduction technology makes for a high-quality audio performance
Did you notice?The camera software updates wirelessly via the GoPro app.
Apple Recommends ForCapturing your most active adventures in high-quality video.
What's in the Box?
- HERO3+ Silver Edition Camera
- Waterproof housing
- Lithium-ion battery
- Quick-release buckle and vertical quick-release buckle
- One curved and one flat adhesive mount
- Three-way pivot arm
- USB charging cable
- Resolution: 10 MP
- Other Features: All Weather, Still Photos, Upgradeable / Expandable, USB Printing, Video, Video Converter, Waterproof, Wireless
- Camera Type: HD Video, Point and Shoot
- Focal Length: 2.77
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Height: 3.9 cm/1.55 in.
- Width: 0.2 cm/0.08 in.
- Weight: 74 g
- Length: 5.84 cm/2.3 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 561350520
- UPC or EAN No.: 818279010855
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Note that a microSD card is not included with this camera
Control. View. Share.
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Get full remote control of all camera functions—take a photo, start/stop recording and conveniently adjust settings. See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing. View photos and play back videos, then share your favorites via email, text, Instagram™, Facebook® and more.* Plus, use it to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software on the go for the latest features and best performance.
• Full remote control of all camera functions
• See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
• View photos and play back videos*
• Copy photos and videos* to your device, then share via email, text, Instagram, Facebook or other app
• Browse and delete files on the camera’s microSD card
• Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the latest GoPro videos from across the globe
• View the GoPro Photo of the Day
• Wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software
• Wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
• HD HERO2 with Wi-Fi BacPac™ (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
Questions? Contact GoPro Customer Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer Support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.com/support/telephone-numbers.
*Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatibility varies by device.
Ratings & Reviews
WOW! Great product! This is really 'The One', a must have device!
When first considering my purchase, I noticed that fantastic price range for this tremendous value product. This is it! This is th When first considering my purchase, I noticed that fantastic price range for this tremendous value product. This is it! This is the one item I can have today, at a great value, and add this item to my professional and my every day items. Yes, I have found this just as I needed an update for camera and what to take on vacation. So compact. So brilliantly focusing on every detail within every picture taken and with all the necessary applications, even while swimming! Hat is off for Apple. Being a professional photographer, focussing on having the very best, this GoPro Hero+Video Camera-Silver Edition is with me every day, in my travels, even while driving to work. Thank you Apple! …
- Written by Dennis M
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what are the differences between GoPro Hero3+black and GoPro Hero3+silver edition
- Asked by Ibrahim O from Bursa
the black edition comes with a wifi remote. It also is lighter that the silver edition and can shoo the black edition comes with a wifi remote. It also is lighter that the silver edition and can shoot higher frames rates and resolutions like 4k and 240 fps (but not at the same time). Black edition also has a setting called super view that is a super wide angle around 170-175. The black edition has a setting called auto low light mode that adjusts frame rates to get better performance in the dark. The black edition also has protune Protune, a setting that bumps up the bit rate to around 50 Mbps, but it also makes the colors look worse so that's only for people who are going to do post production color correction. But the black edition also is $100 dollars more than the silver. …
- Answered by Steve M from Rockville
is it compatible with ipad air?
- Asked by Carlos G from Los Laurels
I am using this with a iPad Mini with Retina running 7.1 and it's working perfectly fine so Hi,
I am using this with a iPad Mini with Retina running 7.1 and it's working perfectly fine so I am assuming a iPad Air wouldn't be a issue for a unit in the league of action camera this is in. You will more than possibly need a active data connection on the iPad. …
- Answered by Nathan H from Golden Square
Does GoPro App work with the new black addition
- Asked by Carolyn S N from Orange
do i need any aditional device to use go pro hero3+ silver edition with iphone app?
- Asked by Agustin G
No. The camera has a built in Wi-Fi system that allows you to connect to your phone or tablet. You m No. The camera has a built in Wi-Fi system that allows you to connect to your phone or tablet. You may be thinking about the wifi remote which is an optional accessory that can control your GoPro in extreme conditions. …
- Answered by Adam V