Designed to meet the needs of creative professionals, the G-Technology G-Drive is an external USB 3.0 hard drive that can be used as a standalone device or with the G-Dock ev hard drive storage system. Compatible with Time Machine software and formatted for Mac, the portable hard drive allows you to capture your media on location and then smoothly and quickly transfer your data to your Mac at a rate of up to 136 MB per second.
- Plug-and-play setup on Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- G-Technology Evolution series compatible
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface
- Transfer rate of up to 136 MB/s
Did you notice?The G-Drive is formatted for Mac so you can plug and play straight out of the box.
Apple Recommends ForQuickly transferring your media to your Mac for editing.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-Drive ev 1 TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered, USB
- Height: 1.65 cm
- Width: 13 cm
- Weight: 290 g
- Length: 8.4 cm
- OS X 10.7
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02723
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487192056
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Works well stand alone.
I've had the drive a year and have had no issues with it. The case seems robustly designed and includes USB3 and SATA internal typ I've had the drive a year and have had no issues with it. The case seems robustly designed and includes USB3 and SATA internal type connections. I've used it with Seagate's Backup Plus Desktop Thunderbolt adapter (now discontinued) and with USB3 cables, and the drive works well either way. Fairly speedy HGST 1TB 7200rpm drive inside. Has been great for Photoshop and Lightroom image files from my Nikon D800E, though now I use a larger 2TB WD MyPassport for the Raw Files and a Samsung SSD in an OWC enclosure for large PSD composites and panoramas, and I've re-purposed the G-Drive EV for my iTunes music library. I know no HD will last forever, so all my data is backed up with Carbon Copy Cloner to multiple drives. G-Tech 3 year warranty is better than most. I'm happy with this so far. …
- Written by Steven K from Boston
1 of 1 people found this useful
Great and Versatile
I have two G-Drive docks, one at home and one at the office, and 5 of the 1TB ev modules. They work great for Time Machine backups I have two G-Drive docks, one at home and one at the office, and 5 of the 1TB ev modules. They work great for Time Machine backups as well as moving data to and from the office. Fast, quiet and well designed. …
- Written by Mark A from Plymouth
6 of 6 people found this useful
G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE ev Cartridge USB 3.0 Hard Drive
I use the ev product range to complete my on-location photoshoots. I needed a drive that has very good read/write speeds that was I use the ev product range to complete my on-location photoshoots. I needed a drive that has very good read/write speeds that was powered by BUS. An important feature that I can no longer life without is the USB 3.0 HDD daisy chain then utilize it as part of my RAID system…this is phenomenal. The ev system has endless possibilities to add to the amount of storage you have. I would recommend this. The flexibility with G-Technology and Apple is well worth the initial finical outlay. I have switched from Lacie to an entire G-Technology system…this has saved us time and money on important shoots out in the field. The ev HDD’s also work extremely well in the studio.
I have not experienced any issues with shut down, non-connection, or faults of any description. …
- Written by Craig R from Hamilton
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the USB 3.0 connector on this drive plug into and work with the USB 1.0 connector on an older (flat style, not newer tall style) Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Colin And Alyssa B from Poulsbo
It is possible to use the drive on a PC, or as you are describing, on both a Mac and a PC. The best It is possible to use the drive on a PC, or as you are describing, on both a Mac and a PC. The best way to do this is to connect the drive to your Mac, then re-rormat the drive to FAT32 or ExFAT, and you will be able to move files freely between the 2 computers. …
- Answered by Eugene G from San Clemente
is this drive bootable? can it be used in place ot the internal drive?
- Asked by Allan F from Las Vegas
All USB hard drives will work as a bootable drive for Macs with an Intel CPU. If you have a PowerPC All USB hard drives will work as a bootable drive for Macs with an Intel CPU. If you have a PowerPC based CPU, you will need an external drive that has FireWire. …
- Answered by Rob D from Fulton