Compact and functional, the G-Tech G-Dock ev Thunderbolt provides flexible external storage for your Mac. Equipped with two USB 3.0 removable hard drives, this dual-bay storage solution allows any combination of G-Drive ev hard drives to be inserted and can be easily configured to focus on performance (RAID 0) or backup (RAID 1).
The USB 3.0 drives can be used on their own to save and transfer your content with ease and speed when you are on the move; the Thunderbolt technology enables the G-Dock to transfer data at up to 10 GB per second.
- Easy to configure software-based RAID 0 (performance) or hot-swappable RAID 1 (backup)
- Comes with two swappable and portable 1 TB USB 3.0 G-Drive ev hard drives
- Works with all Evolution Series G-Drive ev products
- Transfers data at a speed of up to 10 GB per second
Did you notice?The G-Dock is compatible with any combination of G-Drive ev hard drives, providing flexible external storage for your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForQuickly saving and transferring your files to your Mac with a combination of desktop and portable storage options.
What's in the Box?
- G-Tech G-Dock ev Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- 2 x G-Drive ev USB 3.0 1 TB hard drives
- 2 x USB 3.0 cable
- Power cord
- AC power adaptor
- Instruction manual
- Thunderbolt Cable
- Other Features: RAID Support, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 9 cm
- Width: 13 cm
- Weight: 1920 g
- Length: 20 cm
- OS X 10.7
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02719
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487192018
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
We have one of these units attached to our Mac Pro. For our money, it's the best way to move video projects between high-end, edi We have one of these units attached to our Mac Pro. For our money, it's the best way to move video projects between high-end, editing at work and, let's face it, polishing and rough-cutting on your laptop at home. Fast, light and super easy.
Our only complaint is that the 2TB drives are still nowhere to be seen, so your projects better fit on 1TB. …
- Written by John W from Los Angeles
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use this for the SATA drives I've had in my 2007 Mac Pro?
- Asked by Michael L from Plantation
No. "The G-Dock is compatible with any combination of G-Drive ev hard drives..."
- Answered by Douglas B from Sydney