The IK Multimedia iRig KEYS with Lightning connector is a portable universal MIDI controller keyboard for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac. The iRig KEYS is the perfect accessory for the music enthusiast or performer.
The iRig KEYS connects directly to your iOS devices via Lightning and 30-pin connection cables or with the USB port on your Mac so there is no need for additional apps, software or drivers to get it set up. It has a compact design so won’t take up too much space on your desktop and is easily transported in a backpack or cabin bag.
The keyboard features 37 velocity-sensitive mini-keys and has a low power consumption unit, meaning it can be powered by your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch when outside of the studio. It can also be powered by the Mac USB port for longer keyboard sessions.
- Sleek, ultra-compact and durable mini keyboard
- 37 velocity-sensitive mini-keys (three full-octave range plus one note)
- Modulation/pitch bend wheels and volume/data knob (assignable)
- Input for an optional sustain or expression pedal
- Powered via your Apple device or Mac USB port
- Lightning connection, 30-pin USB and MIDI cables included
- Includes software and apps for live performance and composition
Did you notice?The iRig KEYS can be powered by your Apple devices for music on the go.
Apple Recommends ForInstall the included software and apps on your Apple devices for use during live performances and song writing.
What's in the Box?
- iRig KEYS keyboard
- Lightning connection cable
- USB to Micro-USB connection cable
- 30-pin connection cable
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 1/4 inch Pedal, USB
- Height: 4 cm
- Width: 50.3 cm
- Weight: 660 g
- Length: 12 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813509030
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
SAMPLEMOOG™ MOBILE EDITION DOWNLOADABLE SOUND COLLECTION NOW AVAILABLE!
The master-quality MIDI sound and groove workstation for the mobile artist provides hundreds of world-class instrument and patterns included - piano, organ, drums, bass, guitar, strings, synths, percussion, vocals and many more!
SampleTank is the first professional quality sound and groove workstation with hundreds of world-class instruments and patterns that you can always have with you. You can play SampleTank instruments on stage or in the studio with the iRig MIDI (www.irigmidi.com) interface and a keyboard or pad controller just as you would with a regular sound or synthesizer module, use the new iRIG KEYS (www.irigkeys.com) mini-keyboard controller at home or on the road, or you can use the built-in tools to create inspiring professional sounding music anywhere your mobile life takes you. SampleTank now includes a 4-track MIDI recorder as well as an enhanced drum pads interface to create any kind of music anytime and everywhere.
SampleTank instruments give you unmatched realism, sound variety and audio performance – a true premier for the iOS world. For the first time on this platform, hundreds of professional sample-based sounds and patterns can be easily accessed, layered and used for playing live. You can make music anytime and anywhere the inspiration hits you. SampleTank is the most compact sound and groove module ever made.
SampleTank gives you 16 instrument categories for an expandable sound set of over 600 instruments that cover virtually every acoustic, electric and electronic sound you may need. Plus, each category includes instrument riffs and grooves, so you can immediately utilize and experiment with the over 1,000 included patterns.
You can have up to 4 simultaneous instrument parts, perfect for playing live. Use them to build a full rhythmic groove or to layer sounds together for rich creative sounds. Groovy. Plus you get the same sound and performance quality from our mobile app that you’d expect from our high-end professional studio products. And you do. Lightning-fast sound loading and near-zero latency makes putting the groove in your pocket an easy thing to do. So get in the pocket and get SampleTank.
SampleTank FREE includes 23 instruments and over 1,000 patterns, plus you can expand your sound library a-la-carte via in-app purchase with 22 Sound Packs for each instruments category including Drums, Bass, Guitar, Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Chromatic, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Synth Leads, Synth Pads, Trons, Voices, Ethnic, Percussion and Sound FX, or you can get the complete SampleTank Sound Packs bundle for a competitive price. You can also purchase the new SampleMoog™ - Mobile Edition and Miroslav Philharmonik - Mobile Edition downloadable Sound Collections in the in-app store to add over 200 of the best analog synth and orchestral instruments from these legendary libraries.
• 4-part multi-timbral professional quality sound and groove module
• Expandable sound library with 600+ instruments in 16 categories
• SampleMoog™ and Miroslav Philharmonik downloadable Sound Collections available from inside the app
• 1,000+ melodic and rhythmic patterns for accompaniment or groove creation
• 4-track MIDI recorder
• Built-in insert effects and master reverb
• Sound and effects editing with multiple parameters
• Support for MIDI Program Change, Continuous Controllers and Virtual MIDI
• 128 User Presets
• Play interface with piano keyboard, scale keyboard and enhanced drum pads
• Designed in concert with iRig MIDI interface for iOS devices …
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
There are better products in the price range.
I bought 3 iRigs to use with students at a primary school. The biggest problem I had with them was durability. They use a usb micr I bought 3 iRigs to use with students at a primary school. The biggest problem I had with them was durability. They use a usb micro connector that breaks very easily. When the iRig is working it has random connection issues. The keys have a terrible feel. I switched to the korg micro key 37 and have been very happy. …
- Written by matthew D from indianapolis
15 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the irig keyboard work with garage band ? Including the free lessons ?
- Asked by Andrew H from Brisbane
Yes it does. For learning to play the piano, you are better off with falling notes app such as celes Yes it does. For learning to play the piano, you are better off with falling notes app such as celestial piano and synthesia. …
- Answered by Yong Chong L
I am considering buying this for my nine year old daughter. Is it appropriate for her age?
- Asked by Victoria A
It depends on what you're wanting to get out of it. Presumably, your daughter owns/has access to, a It depends on what you're wanting to get out of it. Presumably, your daughter owns/has access to, and is familiar with, a Mac or iOS device, so no problems there.
The main issue is around the size of the keyboard, which could eventually be restrictive if your daughter continues to develop her playing skills.
The main use for these kind of keyboards (and I own a similar one) is as a take-anywhere songwriting tool. That said, it would also be an inexpensive starting point for someone just dipping their toes into learning to play keyboard, or just wanting to have some fun making music!
If you're after something for a serious learner though, you'd be much better served getting something with full-size keys and at least a 5-octave keyboard. …
- Answered by Ben T from Murwillumbah