The Seagate Backup Plus for Mac portable hard drive simplifies backups when you want to protect your entire digital life locally or on social networks. The drive is formatted for Mac out of the box, making it compatible with Time Machine software to provide the simplest and most efficient way to back up locally.
Protect your content on social networks
With the Save feature, you can back up your own content from favourite social networks. Capture a photo on your iPhone, post it on a social networking site and then let the Seagate Dashboard automatically back it up. Even if the file gets accidentally deleted from your iPhone, you'll have another copy waiting.
Easily share with social networks
The Share feature lets you upload multiple files simultaneously to social networks from your computer. Simply select files to upload, choose where to post them and even add comments. Managing your social profile has never been easier.
Compatible with Mac and PC
Install the downloadable HFS+ driver for PC, and use the drive interchangeably between your Mac computers and Windows PCs – without reformatting. Also take advantage of the Seagate Backup Plus design and upgrade from the included USB 3.0 interface to Thunderbolt technology or FireWire 800 with an additionally purchasable adapter.
- Formatted for Mac out of the box
- Save feature backs up your content from favourite social media networks
- Share feature allows you to upload multiple files to social networks at once
- Downloadable HFS+ driver for PC lets you use the drive interchangeably between Macs and PCs without reformatting
- Compatible with Time Machine
- Ultra-fast USB 3.0 transfer rate
Did you notice?Share and Save features make it a snap to post and back up your content on favourite social media networks.
Apple Recommends ForEasily back up files from your Mac wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable External Hard Drive
- Seagate Dashboard pre-loaded on the drive
- Quick start guide
- USB 3.0 adapter with 18 in./45.7 cm cable
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 15.2 mm/0.6 in.
- Width: 124.5 mm/4.9 in.
- Weight: 198.45 g
- Length: 81.3 mm/3.2 in.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Windows 8/7/Vista/XP (SP3)
- Mfr. Part Number: STCF500300
- UPC or EAN No.: 763649052396
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what back up unit should I purchase? I have a 8GB 1600 MHZ mac. Do I need a 1TB or 2TB unit?
- Asked by Sheila H from Long Beach
I would say, if you are only going to be using the external hard drive for your personal use and for I would say, if you are only going to be using the external hard drive for your personal use and for that computer, you should be ok with just the 1TB (1000GB) unit. …
- Answered by Dylan G from Coaldale
Can I use this as a giant USB stick to store documents and stuff?
- Asked by Alex F from Burlington
Yes you can use this as a mega usb "stick" (quotes because this is a slim drive) for your Hello,
Yes you can use this as a mega usb "stick" (quotes because this is a slim drive) for your stuff.
- Answered by Aaron C from Granada Hills
Is it possible to back up more than one computer to a single drive, such as the Seagate? How can I tell if it's OK to do so?
- Asked by Bonnie P from Pittsburgh
Is it compatible with iPad 3, I think yes but not sure..Thank you in advance for your reply.
- Asked by Biliana P
Highly unlikely to be compatible as it connects via the USB 3.0 interface (or optionally a Thunderbo Highly unlikely to be compatible as it connects via the USB 3.0 interface (or optionally a Thunderbolt interface) so it is not designed to be connected to an iPad.
Seagate has a Wireless Plus (Mac and PC compatible) version which can be Wi-Fi connected to devices running iOS, Android®, Kindle Fire and Windows 8/RT. …
- Answered by Kym G from Lindfield West