The WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo dual-drive storage system gives you the ideal combination of performance and capacity. And thanks to two Thunderbolt ports you get the superior data transfer speeds that only Thunderbolt technology can offer. Daisy-chain multiple devices through My Book Thunderbolt Duo and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
- Revolutionary Thunderbolt technology with two Thunderbolt ports for high-speed data transfer
- Dual-drive storage system with user-selectable RAID 0/1 that automatically duplicates your data
- Compatible with Time Machine
- User serviceable hard drives
- WD SmartWare automatic continuous backup software
- HFS+ formatted
- Daisy-chain multiple devices like HD monitors, video and audio editors and media players for nearly unlimited productivity
- Handle video editing, 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive projects simultaneously
- Includes Thunderbolt cable
Did you notice?If you fill up a drive and need to replace it, simply open the case and exchange the existing drive—no tools needed.
Apple Recommends ForStore and backup data from your Mac at the unprecedented speeds of Thunderbolt technology.
What's in the Box?
- WD Dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt connectors
- Thunderbolt cable
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Kensington Port, RAID support
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./9.9 cm
- Weight: 4.73 lb./2.15 kg
- Length: 6.2 in./15.7 cm
- Mac OS v10.5, v10.6, or v10.7
- Thunderbolt port
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (requires formatting)
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBUTV0040JSL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037817835
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
So far so good
I have been looking for a raid 1 unit to replace an older raid that is making the kind of strange noises that suggest one or more I have been looking for a raid 1 unit to replace an older raid that is making the kind of strange noises that suggest one or more of the drives is failing. Plus the fan in the old unit is annoying loud. I use the raid to backup my photographic files. WD was not my first choice of manufacturer, but this unit fit my needs at a reasonable price so I bit. It arrived about three weeks ago, and so far no problems. Hook up was uneventful, it works with my old Superduper, and both the initial backup and incremental backups have gone smoothly. The Thunderbolt connection seems fast but I have not bothered to measure the speed because it is not critical for my needs. The unit is very quiet. Initially I was concerned about the lack of an on off switch, but it is quiet enough that I don't feel the urge to switch it off between backups. It is bigger than my old raid, but not so big as to be a problem. Overall so far I am a happy camper. …
- Written by John B W from Mill Valley
11 of 11 people found this useful