The Intuos Pro Creative Pen Tablet combines Wacom's finest pen capabilities and intuitive multi-touch gestures. Extend your digital creativity on your Mac with this impressively natural experience.
- 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity in both pen tip and eraser
- Tilt recognition with plus/minus 60 levels
- Multi-touch gestures
- Six customizable, application-specific ExpressKeys
- Touch Ring with four customizable functions
- Allows both right and left hand use
- Wireless connectivity
Did you notice?Tilt recognition, multi-touch gestures, and customizable ExpressKeys give you maximum flexibility.
Apple Recommends ForFinest pen capabilities and intuitive multi-touch gestures for advanced digital creativity on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Wacom professional pen tablet
- Wacom battery-free grip pen
- Wireless kit
- USB cable (6.6 ft./2 m)
- Installation CD with driver
- Pen stand
- Cable Length: 6.6 ft./2 m
- Connections: USB
- Width: 10 in./25.4 cm
- Weight: 2.18 lb./990 g
- Length: 15 in./38.1 cm
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Intel processor
- Windows Vista/7 (32 or 64 bit)/8
- Mfr. Part Number: PTH651
- UPC or EAN No.: 4949268703406
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
A must-have for digital designers, but a few quirks in current model.
This is the only tablet I recommend to my students and I've never had one fail in 25 yrs of use.
Great sensitivity, resol This is the only tablet I recommend to my students and I've never had one fail in 25 yrs of use.
Great sensitivity, resolution, response and feel
More bulky than predecessor; USB 3 wireless interference problems (I've included a workaround to this)
A few complaints with the current model:
The Intuos line has been getting bigger with every version, though the work space is the same
(Intuos3 - 13.6” Intuos4 - 14.5” ; IntuosPro (5) - 15”).
It gets more and more difficult to fit it on a desk beside a keyboard and more awkward to use as well. If you’re a pro who uses a keyboard and the tablet, you’re going to have more ergonomic issues with the new version than the old.
USB 3 WIRELESS INTERFERENCE PROBLEMS (and a workaround)
This problem, isn't completely Wacom's fault.
USB 3 is not really ready for prime time: it has serious wireless interference issues that can plague your wireless devices.
The Wacom wireless receiver plugs into your USB port. So, if your computer uses USB 3, it may cause your tablet to persistently drop off the network, making it impossible to work.
USB 3/WIRELESS WORKAROUND
I plug a USB 2 hub into my Mac’s USB 3 port, and place the hub on the other side of my desk. When the Wacom wireless dongle is plugged into the USB 2 hub, the tablet works perfectly via wireless. You can also use a USB extension cable to get the dongle away from the offending USB 3 interference (a better solution for travellers).
All in all, still the best tablet on the market. …
- Written by Thomas D from Toronto
1 of 1 people found this useful
Great for Graphic Designers | UX Designers
Highly customizable tablet should be on everyone's must have list for graphic design! I use it everyday in my role as a UX Designe Highly customizable tablet should be on everyone's must have list for graphic design! I use it everyday in my role as a UX Designer | Web Developer …
- Written by Daniel R A from ANDOVER
15 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you connect this to your iPad air (Yosemite) to use with Lightroom.
- Asked by Sharon V from Hope Island
You cannot connect this to an iPad, because iPads do not have USB ports. In addition to that, iPads You cannot connect this to an iPad, because iPads do not have USB ports. In addition to that, iPads run iOS, a mobile operating system, not OS X, a desktop operating system, therefore it would be impossible to load the drivers on to the device. This will connect to a Mac perfectly fine. I have an intros 5 ( last generation) running on Yosemite. It works flawlessly. …
- Answered by Cole M from Parker
No answers yet
What is the active area of this product?
- Asked by Riza V from Paris
The Intuos Pro Pen & Touch Medium has an active area of 8.8 in x 5.5 in (224 x 140 mm).
- Answered by Wacom T
What is the active area size? Is this compatible with illustrator CS4?
- Asked by Sarah D from Sterling
- Asked about: Wacom Intuos Creative Digital Pen a…
Can you use written programs like Final Draft on this?
- Asked by Naomi M from South Croydon