TAVIK's OUTER EDGE Bumper Case frames your iPhone in soft-touch, rubber and moulded plastic protection. The sleek design keeps all iPhone functions fully accessible, while providing a safety cushion for the most exposed areas.
- Sleek protective bumper case
- Outer edge protection
- Co-moulded design
- Anti-static coating with soft-touch finish
- Two-tone colouring
- Full access to all iPhone functions
- Ease to put on and take off
Did you notice?The rubber and plastic materials are strong enough to meet the same standards as automobile bumpers.
Apple Recommends ForSafeguarding your iPhone without covering it up.
What's in the Box?
- TAVIK OUTER EDGE Bumper Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Bumper
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 1.14 cm
- Width: 6.35 cm
- Weight: 11.75 g
- Length: 12.95 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: TVK-IPH-039-BLK/CH
- UPC or EAN No.: 848691031381
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Really nice - actually better than Apple's iPhone 4/4s bumper in some ways
This is a very well made bumper. I've used it for a month and the fit is still very tight - no stretching at all and it's held up This is a very well made bumper. I've used it for a month and the fit is still very tight - no stretching at all and it's held up extremely well.
The Tavik bumper is very similar to the bumper Apple made for the iPhone 4/4s with a few exceptions:
1) The power and volume buttons are rubber not metal
2) This bumper does NOT have the problem where the rubber stretches around the headphone jack and makes the bumper fit become looser overall over time.
My only gripe is this: The power button, when the bumper was brand new, took a lot of pressure to actually power on/off the phone. It has since "broken in" and operates as expected - easily turning the phone on/off. It's the only reason I knocked it down a star.
Otherwise, excellent bumper. Maintains the thinness of the iPhone 5 or 5s. I have had no problems having it work with the standard apple Lightning Charger. Fits nicely. …
- Written by Charles P from MARBLEHEAD
74 of 81 people found this useful
Great Product! Lightning connector fits fine...
I was interested in this case because i really like the bumper case idea for the iPhone. After reading the previous review about t I was interested in this case because i really like the bumper case idea for the iPhone. After reading the previous review about the lightning connector not fitting, i went to my local apple store and checked it out first hand. I am not sure which connector the other person was using, but the apple lightning connector fit perfectly. As for the case, the feel is great and it looks awesome on my black and slate iPhone 5. My only complaint would be that the lock button looses its tactile feedback with the case on. However, this seems to be fairly common across all cases i have used! …
- Written by Daniel R from Mountain view
45 of 50 people found this useful
Design is rad. Like the 2 color combo. Lightning connector works with Apple cords but not all other company's chargers, I came t Design is rad. Like the 2 color combo. Lightning connector works with Apple cords but not all other company's chargers, I came to find out. Still love it. …
- Written by Erik P from newport beach
35 of 40 people found this useful
Great while it lasted...
I used this case for 4 months with no complaints. It protected the phone fantastically, wasn't too bulky and I never had any troub I used this case for 4 months with no complaints. It protected the phone fantastically, wasn't too bulky and I never had any trouble using the volume buttons through the bumper. But then about 2 weeks ago the hard plastic component surrounding the power port/speakers/headphone jack area started to crack and then a chunk fell out and that was the beginning of a death spiral. Once that bit was gone, the soft rubber slowly began to peel away and now the case doesn't stay tight around the phone and I've stopped using it. …
- Written by Jonathan K from Kansas City
Best iPhone case I've ever bought!
Believe it or not I've had this case for 2 years and it's has protected my phone from everything. My phone to this day does not ha Believe it or not I've had this case for 2 years and it's has protected my phone from everything. My phone to this day does not have a scratch on it. I've dropped my phone 60ft off a set of bleachers onto rocks and my phone was completely fine! I will definitely be a repeat customer and highly recommend this product to everyone! …
- Written by Chase K from Willow Springs
It's okay... Needs design update
This bumper is for the most part made of quality materials, but after 9 months of use the rubber has separated from the hard plast This bumper is for the most part made of quality materials, but after 9 months of use the rubber has separated from the hard plastic. Additionally, the hard plastic has cracked in multiple places. Besides this product not lasting a long time (less than a year- $30 is expensive for a bumper), my biggest complaint is the opening for the lightening adapter, it is too small for most non-apple charging devices. Therefore, removal of the case to charge the phone is a must and can probably explain why the bumper has cracks in multiple places. …
- Written by Leslie L from Renton
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What is the bottom opening like on this? If I often use the "lightning to 30-pin adapter" which is as wide as the 30-pin, will this fit?
- Asked by Lauren R from Augusta
Is the back of the phone protected?
- Asked by Stephane G from Houston
No, it's a Bumper, like on a car it goes around the outside to protect against knocks. Stephane,
No, it's a Bumper, like on a car it goes around the outside to protect against knocks.
- Answered by R B from Christchurch
will this case fit the iphone 5c?
- Asked by Carly M from Apollo
No it won't, unlike the 5s, the 5c has a totally different shell design to the original 5.
- Answered by Thomas S
Does the Tavik bumper damage or scratch the iPhone 5 / 5s like some bumpers actually do?
- Asked by Lena H
I have been using it for about two months. Absolutely no damage to my iPhone.
- Answered by Robert P from Sacramento
is this a full body case?
- Asked by Ezequiel T from Pucallpa
No. Just bumper.
- Answered by Thai H from Sugar Land
Will non-apple headphones fit in the space in the bumper provided for the headphone port?
- Asked by Feodor K from Brooklyn
Best way is to try! My Klipsch X7i fit...just perfect.
- Answered by Thai H from Sugar Land