The WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student or road-warrior.
WD Security and WD Drive Utilities
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorised use or access. Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
My Passport for Mac is HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook. It is also compatible with Time Machine so you can quickly back up your files.
WD quality inside and out
WD builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorised access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTaking your photos, movies, videos and documents with you wherever you take your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 15 mm/0.6 in.
- Width: 110.6 mm/4.35 in.
- Weight: 140 g
- Length: 82.1 mm/3.23 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0010BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814353
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the A Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the Apple aesthetic of the silver and black. Speed is a little slow, but it is great if you want it for something simple, and won't be using it every day. Perfect for casual users that just need something to store your stuff on. …
- Written by Christine D from Fleming Island
46 of 51 people found this useful
it gives average transfer rate of 50-60MBPS.
Its light ! compared to other HDD like seagate, and small in size
- Written by Wangel T
39 of 44 people found this useful
poor WD product
quit after 6 months -- i can't even find support --if a product won't work,support IS part of its functionality
- Written by James H from st clair shores
36 of 42 people found this useful
Poor product; even worse customer service.
Purchased in Nov 2013 specifically because it appeared to be tailor-made for Mac, but it fails to mount following upgrade to OSX 1 Purchased in Nov 2013 specifically because it appeared to be tailor-made for Mac, but it fails to mount following upgrade to OSX 10.9.4. No response from WD Customer Support, despite this appearing to be a widespread recwnt issue. Avoid this product. …
- Written by MARK W from London
5 of 5 people found this useful
quit after 3 months of use,
Gave no sign it would quit and i failed to make a backup, now i cant send it in for warranty since i have or better said had impor Gave no sign it would quit and i failed to make a backup, now i cant send it in for warranty since i have or better said had important files on it. I thought it would at least last a few years. …
- Written by Gerardo B from hialeah
3 of 3 people found this useful
What's that clickin' noise?
Failed miserably and without warning < 1 year old. I moved the computer twice, taking care to not hit anything with the external Failed miserably and without warning < 1 year old. I moved the computer twice, taking care to not hit anything with the external drive attached. Anybody familiar with Henry Cho's comedic skit, "What's that clickin' noise?". It's this drive, when it failed. At least Henry made me giggle. This drive made me sad. How many dang drives to I have to buy before I find one good one? I just bought an OTW Mercury On the Go - supposed to be less fragile. We'll see. …
- Written by Emily J from Venice
5 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I transfer movies stored on WD Passport to iTunes
- Asked by Bryce M from Owatonna
will it connect to a macbook pro.
- Asked by Joyce M
Yes, it will work with USB 2.0 on your Macbook Pro
- Answered by Francis D from Raleigh
does this come formatted for the mac?
- Asked by Joanne D from Glen Rock
Yes, Simply plug and play. Or store in this case.
- Answered by Gareth K
Is this device thunderbolt compatible?
- Asked by Soo F from Laguna Beach